XXXVIII || Precision

Lena stands there, frozen and uncertain. What exactly is happening to Lucifer?

Some people are scrambling back and forth, perhaps debating whether or not to help. They are still wary of the boy, unsure if it is worth the risk to help him. Two students eventually do come forward, one girl gently pressing her hand at the centre of Lucifer's shoulder blades as the other boy tries to help him sit up.

As Lucifer leans against the glass-paned wall of the classroom, Lena notices that he's beginning to have nosebleed. She crouches and is about to tell him to relax and tip his head when a voice cuts through the room: "Don't bother. He's going to be just fine."

Even the two students brave and clever enough to be by Lucifer's side turn, confused. Clarice is on her feet, her arms crossed as she leans against her own desk. She contemplates the situation with calculating eyes, but otherwise her demeanour is calm.

"There's no need to do anything," Clarice says, somewhat authoritatively. "In a matter of minutes, he's going to be up on his feet again."

As soon as Clarice finishes her statement, Reyes bursts into the room with so much energy the entire classroom seems depressed even as all remaining students are trying to figure out what to do with Lucifer. Reyes stops short and stumbles, skidding and nearly crashing into the teacher's desk. His brown hair is unruly as usual, and his right arm is covered in bandages. A bruise is slowly forming on his left cheek, but if he feels pain, he doesn't show it. Instead, the grin he pulls off is as mischievous and as cheeky as ever.

However, his cheerful appearance twists into shock and finally dread when he sees Lucifer in the corner of the room. The blood drains from his face, and he gulps. A little jumpy and nervous, he squeaks, "Lucifer?"

The boy in question jerks his head upward toward Reyes' direction, glaring. This startles the two students beside him and Lena, who still has her feet planted to the ground nearby. Lucifer rubs the blood stain over his nose using the back of his hand, then pushes himself up.

Clarice is right. He is standing as if nothing happened.

Shrugging nonchalantly, Lucifer moves past the row of desks and then shoulder bumps Reyes on his way out of the class. Lucifer's face darkens, and Reyes stumbles backwards. When Lucifer reaches the entrance of the classroom, he turns back to face the class.

Lena first believes it to be her imagination, for all the traumatic events from the Lucifer incident where he reshaped the entire academy, but the continuous shaking of the ground and the stunned students are just enough to prove reality from the illusion. A quake is being manifested from Lucifer's each step, threatening the entire building.

"For the record, I can still do that." Lucifer smiles wryly, and ignores the blood trickling down from his nose as the earthquake stops when he exits the room.

Lena slumps back into her chair as the rest of the class settles into an uncertain murmur. At least Lucifer isn't actually doing anything, she tells herself. She doesn't want to go through the same thing again, much less without Neesha or Roen by her side, and as much as she hates to admit it, the chances of being saved at the very last second.

She grinds her teeth at the helplessness at both situations: the one Lucifer is famous for, and the very measly threat he'd just declared. Again, Lena finds herself wishing she has a more expansive ability.

It isn't long before Lena is drumming her fingers across her desk, trying to keep her mind off the prodigies of the school. She wants to do something—anything— to get her thoughts off the Combat Training and Lucifer. Although she's settled comfortably over the past weeks, that doesn't mean she enjoys events like these where she only feels very utterly at the bottommost hierarchy.