(tw: this chapter has mentions of abuse, please proceed with caution or skip if you're sensitive to this topic. any time this problem is mentioned, this > 🔺 will appear. that way, you guys can skip just the part or the whole chapter. thank you.)

(i just wanna say that this was very hard for me to write, but it's a part of the story for the sake of both character development and background, and for the progression of the plot. if you or anyone you know has gone through anything like this, here is a number you can call:

national domestic violence hotline: 1-800-799-7233 )

-

(y/n) didn't want to go home. every single day of her life was a nightmare that replayed over and over. it was like she was stuck in her own personal hell, and she couldn't even cry out for help. her only options were to stay, or to abandon the only family she had left. but she made her choice long ago, and she was trying her hardest to stick with it. that's why she was solemnly walking home, even though that dreadful pit in her stomach was plaguing her since she read that text on the rooftop. her father needed her. he needed someone in his life that would understand. or at least that's what (y/n) told herself to justify the suffering she'd endured for almost her entire life.

when she made it to her house, she found herself trembling as her hands reached for the pockets of her jacket. the keys jingled slightly as she quietly unlocked the front door. she had already learned her lesson when it came to being loud inside the house. when she stepped inside, almost all of the lights were off. the blue-green glow of the television illuminated the living room. she couldn't see her father, which only made her even more scared of what was to come. he was usually passed out on the couch with some drink or something in his hand. he wasn't there, but the empty beer cans still littered the floor around the couch. after hanging her coat up on the coat rack, she timidly walked forward and started to clean up the cans. she wouldn't want her dad to see them.

🔺
"why the fuck are you cleaning? you couldn't have done that in the morning?" (y/n) jumped at the sound of her fathers harsh voice. she turned to look at him with fearful eyes. clutching the cans as tightly as possible to stop her hands from shaking. he was standing at the bottom of the stairs, obviously too drunk to even think properly. that didn't make him any less scary.

"apá, i'm sorry. i know i made a mistake but i won't do it again," (y/n) murmured just loud enough for her father to hear. he started taking steps towards her, making (y/n) back away in fear. the two kept moving until the girl's back hit the wall. he stood just centimeters away from her. she could smell the stench of alcohol from his breath, making her refrain from cringing at the smell. his hands roughly grabbed the scarf that was wrapped around her neck, pulling it roughly in his direction.

"what the fuck is this," he spat in her direction, eyes showing only rage. (y/n) trembled, her hands gripping the scarf tightly. he used his other hand to pull them away and yank the soft gloves off of them. the girl was no match against a man his size.

"apá, it was cold and-"

"are you being a whore," he yelled, lifting her up by the scarf. she yelped loudly, her hands moving to her neck. she tried her hardest to loosen the scarf so she could have even the smallest amount of room to breathe. her dad looked her dead in the eyes and scanned her face.

"apá please! i can't breathe!" her father threw her to the floor, kneeling down besides her shaking figure. (y/n) crawled as far away from him as possible, trying to avoid more bruises. he roughly grabbed her wrist making her whimper at the touch. he pulled her close to him as she struggled to get away. just as he was tearing his hand back to hit her, the girl managed to rip her wrist out of his grip, making her stumble to the side. her father growled, his anger clearly building. (y/n) quickly made her way upstairs, locking herself in the bathroom.

"fuck," she stammered out, trying her best to hold back the tears in her eyes. she curled her hands up as she leaned against the door, her fingernails pressing tightly on her palms. she felt the sting of them break through her skin, and then let the tears fall. she was sobbing heavily, her hands now gripping the scarf tightly as she let her body finally release all of the sorrow and pain she had been storing. within a moment, she heard her fathers heavy footsteps climbing the stairs. she bit her lip harshly, tears still rolling down her face.

"i want you out of here now. i won't tolerate a whore taking up space here. and if i see you again i'll make sure you won't even be able to walk," her father yelled loudly. (y/n) sobbed yet again, curling up into a small ball in the corner of the room. her hand shakily grabbed her phone as she wiped the tears away with the other hand. then, with as much courage as she could muster, she sent a text to the only person she could possibly think of.

-

let me reiterate, this was very hard for me to write, but it's a part of the story for the sake of both character development and background, and for the progression of the plot. if you or anyone you know has gone through anything like this, here is a number you can call:

national domestic violence hotline: 1-800-799-7233 )