katsuki bakugou was irritated. he didn't like having to deal with his stupid classmates and his stupid class work. he hated the fact that he had to put up with the stupid comments from deku. more importantly, though, he hated was irritated at the fact that (y/n) wasn't there with him. he hated the fact that everyone was asking questions and making jokes. he didn't even know the answers to those questions himself.

when the day was over, he spared to no time. he didn't stop to talk to his friends, he didn't even wait for kirishima to walk with him like he normally did. he just grabbed both his papers and hers, put them up, and hurried home. his mind wandered as his feet gently kicked up the soft snow on the sidewalk. he finally let himself think of his feelings for her. his heart loved the way she would look at him and smile, not like the rest of his classmates. she worked so hard to make sure she was always ahead of the rest of her class. she didn't let her quirk decide her fate. she was resilient, gorgeous, incredible. he blushed at the way his heart fluttered, the heat feeling odd against the cold wind that hit his cheeks.

as he made his way home, he found himself anxious. he wondered if (y/n) was okay. he knew for a fact that his parents weren't home. his mother didn't get home from work until around 7. his father often worked late shifts and didn't get home until an hour after katsuki's mom. that meant that (y/n) was home alone all day, and he hasn't had any time to text her so he could check in on her. he anxiously fiddled with the keys as he walked towards his house. upon arriving, he sucked in a deep breath and gently unlocked the door.

the first thing to hit him was the smell. it was heavenly enough to make bakugou's eyes flutter shut as a small smile graced his face. he inhaled deeply and walked in, shutting the door gently behind him. next, he saw the food. the spicy curry and rice were set out neatly on the dining room table, silverware set out on the sides and a glass of water for both meals. his eyebrows furrowed. then, he saw her. she walked down the stairs shyly, her hands clasped behind her back. she was wearing a pair of his mother's jeans, which fit her snuggly. she still had the white t-shirt on from that morning, and her hair was gently brushed out, framing her face.

"d'ya like it?" bakugou looked at her with a wide eyes and a bright blush on his face. he nodded slightly as he shrugged off his coat and hung it up.

"did... did you do this," he questioned, gesturing at the food with his hand. the girl nodded and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, rocking nervously back and forth at the top of the stairs.

"i wanted to thank you. what i did was rash and uncalled for, and yet you still helped me out. if it wasn't for you, who knows what would've happened," (y/n) explained, making her way downstairs. she smiled at him gratefully, gesturing towards the table. the two made sat down across from each other and started eating. katsuki took his first bite and had to cover his mouth to stop himself from making an illicit sound. he swallowed the food and glanced at (y/n).

"where'd you learn to cook like this," he asked, taking another bite of the delicious curry in front of him. the girl smiled and looked down at her food.

"im pretty used to cooking for my dad since he almost always never could. it's something i'm sure my mother would've loved," she said, smiling softly before taking another bite of curry. truth be told, in her opinion it was a little too spicy, but katsuki seemed to be enjoying it. that was all that mattered to her. they continued to eat their meal in a comfortable silence, the two of them not wanting to talk and just be in each other's presence.

"thank you," bakugou suddenly said, looking up at (y/n) with appreciative eyes. she looked up and blushed, shrugging her shoulders slightly and averting her eyes to her now clean plate.

"what for? i should be thanking you for having me here," she murmured. bakugou sighed lightly and stood up, picking up both his and her empty plates. he walked over to the sink and began to wash them.

"you gotta stop doing that," he said bluntly. "you keep pushing aside your own problems and masking them by doing everything you can for other people. it'll hurt in the long run, but truth be told i've always liked that about you," he stated. his hands stopped when he realized what he had said, heat rushing to his face. he heard the gentle sound of the kitchen chair being pushed back in and his heart started beating faster and faster.

"you... you like that about me," she whispered. bakugou gulpd and nodded, his hands going right back to washing the dishes. (y/n) smiled softly to herself, her heart fluttering slightly. she watched as bakugou thoroughly washed the dishes and dried them, her smile never fading.

"you seem tired, maybe you should take a nap," she suggested, gesturing towards the stairs. bakugou nodded, but then suddenly grabbed her wrist and started to take her upstairs. her other hand instinctively flew to her wrist, making bakugou stop and look at her with concern in his eyes.

"shit...i'm sorry," he sighed, making (y/n) shake her head slightly. she grabbed bakugou's hand and gently intertwined their fingers, smiling slightly. bakugou nodded and led her upstairs, the two teenagers blushing heavily.

"you worked hard for something you didn't even have to do, you should nap too," bakugou mumbled. he made his way towards the couch before (y/n) stopped him, yanking on their intertwined hands.

"this is your house, stupid. you take the bed and i'll take the couch," she murmured. the two teenagers stared at each other, knowing that they were both too stubborn for anything else. bakugou suddenly sighed and pulled the girl towards the bed, laying down with her next to him.

"there, problem solved," he grumbled, making (y/n) blush. nevertheless, the girl curled up and snuggled into him, katsuki instinctively wrapping his hands around her. the two fell asleep in a matter of minutes.