when (y/n) woke up, the butterflies in her stomach we're going absolutely crazy. it was her first day back since the incident with her father. her bruises were gone, and she felt better, but what was she gonna say when her classmates asked her about it? she couldn't tell the truth. that would only cause her father even more trouble. she didn't want to lie to them either, that just wouldn't feel right. she gnawed on her bottom lip as she played with the hem of her school uniform, a troubled look on her face.

"oi, what's wrong," katsuki asked, walking into his bedroom to find an already dressed (y/n) with a scared look on her face. she looked up at him and quickly tried her best to hide her fear, giving him a half convincing smile.

"nothing, kat! just nervous," she exclaimed, making bakugou give her an incredulous look. he walked towards her and gently cupped her face, kneeling down to be eye level with her.

"(y/n), you better tell me what's wrong. you know i'll help you with it dumbass," he muttered softly, making (y/n) blush. she looked at his ruby red eyes and nodded slightly, folding her hands in her lap.

"i'm just scared, kat. what do i tell them when they ask why i was gone? what if i tell the truth and they don't be believe me? it's just-" katsuki cut her off with a small scoff, making her look up at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"to hell with those extras. they don't need to know where you were, who you were with, or anything for that matter. if you keep at it, i'll kill those extras, you got it?" (y/n) looked up at katsuki, a small smile on her face. she blushed and nodded, standing up and grabbing her book bag. katsuki nodded and grabbed his book bag as well, slinging it on his shoulder before shoving his hands in his pockets. he yelled a quick goodbye to his parents and the two made their way outside, walking to the train station. the way to the school was filled with a comfortable silence, katsuki standing so that (y/n) could take the open seat. when they got to the school, however, (y/n)'s nerves were back and she didn't know how to control them. katsuki watched as the girl balled her fists up, her nails digging into the soft skin of her palm. he frown and quickly grabbed on her hands, wrapping it around his own hand. she blushed and mumbled out a sorry as the two continued to walk.

he let go of her hand as they arrived at the door of the classroom, much to both of their disappointment. they were one of the first ones there, so the two just sat next to each other and talked, the two smiling softly at each other. once the classroom started to fill up, the two went their separate ways. almost immediately after the class had filled up, (y/n) was bombarded with questions of where she had been the past few days. she felt her hearts lace quicken and her hands start to shake slightly at the loudness of it all before a loud slam was heard. she glanced up to see katsuki standing up, his hand slightly red from how hard he'd slammed it on the desk.

"will you all shut the fuck up and leave the dumbass alone," he growled. "what's it to you where she was? sit the fuck down and shut up before i blast you to bits," he grumbled, sitting back down and glaring at them all. (y/n) watched as her classmates mumbled apologies and sat in their assigned seats. throughout the day, though, she would get wads of paper thrown at her, all with the same question on them. she sighed and put her head on her hands, trying to listen to present mic during english.

after many long hours of her blocking everything out, it was lunchtime. she sighed as she looked at the small mountain of papers that's why had accumulated throughout class. she frowned and grumbled slightly as she piled them up and threw them rather violently in the trash can. then, she walked up to katsuki and the hang, smiling softly. they all walked to lunch together, playfully bantering along the way. everything was yet again fine until they had sat down at their usual table.

"so," denki said through a mouthful of rice. "where were you?" (y/n) couldn't help it. she felt her fists tighten and her nostrils flare.

"i swear if one more person asks me that i'll murder them and hide the body in the river," she growled, giving denki an unusually angry glare. the table froze, with mina and sero holding back laughter while kirishima tried to get the straw blonde out of his shocked state. bakugou choked slightly on his rice as he turned to look at (y/n) with wide eyes. she glanced around the table and blushed, shrinking back down in her seat. the silence was interrupted by sero, mina, and katsuki all bursting into laughter. she grinned bashfully, playing with her food slightly.

"(y/n), you're spending too much time with bakubro," denki whined, resulting in an apologetic smile from the girl. katsuki stopped laughing at the comment and glared at denki, making him raise his hands in defense. needless to say that lunch immediately made (y/n)'s day back better, the endless laughs between the friends making her heart swell.