the two teenagers woke up nearly two hours later, the sun already setting. bakugou was the first to wake up, his eyes fluttering open. he really wanted to stretch, but he stopped when he felt a weight around his waist. he looked down to see (y/n) hugging him tightly, her face burrowed into his chest. he blushed and settled back into bed, moving his hand to gently rest on her hip.

"if you wanna get up you can," (y/n) mumbled, loosening her grip on him. bakugou laughed loudly, making (y/n) smile. she pulled away and sat up, a small smile on her face. bakugou smiled too and stood up, gently stretching. he sighed and walked over to his closet.

"we need to buy you some more clothes, huh," he asked, turning to (y/n) as he pulled out a plain black shirt and some jeans. she nodded slightly, nibbling on her lower lip.

"i do need clothes, but you guys shouldn't have to pay for them! i can always get a job and pay for them myself," she stated, standing up and stretching herself. bakugou shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"you really are a dumbass. it's an offer, plus it's really no trouble. you left all of your stupid clothes at your dads house, and you can't just borrow the hags clothes forever," he explained. (y/n) raised an eyebrow at the nickname he had for his mother. she seemed so sweet, so what was with that? she simply shrugged it off and walked towards him, catching him off guard. she gently placed a hand on his arm, making him look at her.

"kat, you and your family have done so much for me. i mean, you're letting me stay with you and you've even let me stay in your room. it'd be too much of me to ask." katsuki looked at her with intense eyes. she was so close. it wasn't something he noted while they were napping, but now he could feel his heart yearning to fly out of his chest with how hard it was beating. not only did she look incredible, but she was still so incredibly caring despite her situation. he blushed and big his lip, shaking his head.

"consider it a gift stupid. besides, i feel like doing it," he grumbled, turning away from her and making his way towards the bathroom to change. (y/n) sighed and sat on the edge of the bed, her feet not quite reaching the floor. she kicked them slightly, waiting for bakugou to finish changing. when he came out of the bathroom, she jumped up.

"i-uh... what do i do about shoes?" bakugou stopped, then sighed loudly. he shook his head as he ran downstairs and made quite a bit of noise. when he came back up, he held a pair of plain white sneakers.

"here, these used to be mine but i outgrew them. try them on." the gurl complied, slipping them on and wiggling her toes. she smiled and shot him a thumbs up. he grinned before quickly letting his face fall again. he hated that she made him smile so much. and it wasn't even a conscious decision. he would just feel himself smiling even if he didn't want to. he blushed at that thought and went back into his closet, pulling out two coats and a scarf. he tossed one coat and the scarf at her, catching her off guard.

"what's the scarf-"

"the bruises. i figured you'd want to cover those up," he said, cutting her off. she nodded and pulled on the coat and scarf, blushing slightly. bakugou nodded and glanced her hand, pulling her towards the front door.

he shouted something at his mother before stepping out of the house, the gurl right behind him. he slammed the door shut, cutting of the screams of his mother's response.

the two of them walked slowly, and (y/n) was quick to notice the snowfall and cold winds that hit them. she sighed and shoved her hands in the coat pockets, hoping to get some warmth. the wind unfortunately picked up, hitting them fiercely as they sped up. bakugou looked over only to see (y/n) shivering, a light pink tint dusting the tip of her nose and her cheeks. he bit his lip, considering what to do.

after a minute or so of hurried walking, he made up his mind and slipped his hand into her coat, intertwining their fingers and pulling her closer to him. she looked up at him and smiled, the tint on her cheeks deepening. he shot her a quick smile and turned away, not wanting her to see his blushing face. the two remained as close until they finally arrived at the mall.