twenty one compliments

"Hi H, babe!"

"Hey, Lou."

"So, how are you today?"

"Okay. You?"

"I'm perfect, darling."

Silence.

Silence.

"So..."

"Yeah?"

"I kind of wanna tell you something... but erm, don't make fun of me? I know it's stupid and that people have it worse, but please don't laugh at it...?"

"I'd never, Harry."

"Okay. Okay, erm, good."

Silence.

"So, erm, y'know how you always, like, compliment me... and I never say thank you? It's because I don't believe it, erm. I want to explain why, though. If, if you don't mind, please?"

"Go ahead, love."

"Erm, okay. So my mum and my dad are... exigent? I don't really know how to explain it, but they're quite demanding. And, erm, it's probably for my best and I'm just looking at it too much, but erm, they want me to be perfect at everything...? And I'm not, I'm really n-not."

"Okay, darling. Keep going, and stop if you need to, yeah?"

"Right, okay. So, my parents want me to have the best grades, like. Only A+'s and that... And they want me to be perfect at playing the piano and singing... They also want me to not be the way that I am? I-I'm gay... and erm, they don't like it... I mean, I guess I get it. I don't, I mean, I'd never judge anyone who likes the same gender, but I'm not too happy with being like that, m-myself?"

Silence.

"It feels like it just adds to how bad of a p-person I am. And that's that. I just, I really don't like the idea of me... And I, I feel lonely a lot. I used to talk a lot with Gemma - she's my big sister. But, I guess she dot tired of me... All she ever cares anymore is about her new boyfriend, Jack."

Silence.

"But I guess I miss it? Which, it's not fair. Because she's only happy and she has the right to be... So, I guess I'm just a clingy idiot? I don't know. I'm probably being overdramatic over all this... But, erm, please. Don't laugh at me? And, erm, don't hate me... too much, at least?"

"Fuck. I mean, seriously fuck Harry. You - I could never hate you, baby. I would never laugh at you either. You're just, you're so fucking sweet. I, fuck. I mean, what the hell, Harry! You have all the rights to be sad about being lonely! And your parents, mind my language, should go fuck themselves."

Silence.

"I know there are people who have it worse, but there's also people who have it better, and it shouldn't matter anyway. What matters to me the most is the fact that you're sad. Sweetheart, insecurities like the ones you have can literally kill you. Believe me, there's studies about it. Please don't worry your little pretty head over this darling. You don't need to be the best and you don't need to be perfect. You only need to be yourself. That's enough - fuck, that's better than enough!"

Silence.

"I don't know what else to say, really. Can I ask you something?"

"Okay."

"I understand you. I do, so. Will you please let me help you see how fucking amazing you are?"

Silence.

Silence.

"Okay..."

i'm sorry for the lack of updates recently folks. i've got some stressful things happening lately