14 | "It's your power, isn't it!?"

Shoto Todoroki

"Begin!"

Having predicted me to generate another glacier in hopes to end the battle here and now, Midoriya braces himself and curls his fingers back as if he's going to flick the air. Although I do strike first with an ice attack, this one is considerably feeble and small-scale, but it is designed to wrap around and close in the opponent. Midoriya flicks his fingers that are bulging with bright red veins and shatters the wall of ice with ease. The force of his attack causes the shards to dart back through the air towards me, and it sends a powerful wave of wind that blows me back.

I use my ice as a steed to surf across the ground and redirect myself to prevent from stepping out of bounds. When I look up at Midoriya, I notice that his finger has decayed into a gruesome sanguine hue. He returns my gaze as I prepare another attack of ice. This time, however, I'm aiming to immobilize him from a distance in order to completely impede his movements with another ice attack.

You have only so many fingers, Izuku. I have only so much energy, and my body is impacted by the use of my quirk. Who will fall first?

Sending a swift, large pillar of ice across the ground that strikes up diagonally at Midoriya, I brace myself to be blown back if he destroys the ice. Unfortunately, this Midoriya performs, and he cries out, "Smash!" through gritted teeth. He now runs towards me like a fool, but I am able to foresee some of what his plan might be.

He will more than likely dodge the attack he's anticipating in order to strike me, I think as I play along with his game. That is what Izuku would think, correct? Placing my faith in my calculated, flimsy logic, I blast a jagged arc of ice at Midoriya's face and jump back. Now, Shoto! Watching Izuku fly up and over the crescent blade of ice, I have just enough time to create a pillar to impede his pathway to strike me. It seems observing has its own benefits.

After colliding with the tower of ice, Midoriya splinters it with another flick of his fingers. I glide across my ice to keep inside the boundaries as to not disqualify myself, sending dozens of small lines of ice up at Midoriya. You cannot smash these individually—that would be ineffective. The charging waves of ice jump up into the air to maul Midoriya, but he uses his quirk once again to upwardly smash the encroaching enemies of frozen water.

You've mutilated one of your hands. "I can end this now, Midoriya," I challenge, exhaling a subzero breath as I approach him. Midoriya's broken hand is shaking frighteningly, and it is horribly discolored.

Midoriya remains still, providing me the opportunity to create another gigantic attack. As a towering monster of frost tears across the ground with the intent of freezing Midoriya alive, Midoriya does something I never would have expected. Jamming one of his fingers into his mouth, he uses his lips to act as a method of propulsion for his finger once he tugs back and his finger is released.

Unprepared for this abrupt attack, I'm caught completely off guard as I stumble and fly back. My body smacks against the ground and recoils back up, jerking back into a neutral position as I save myself from exiting the ring by the skin of my teeth. Forming a massive wall of ice behind myself, I'm quite thankful for my reaction time to Midoriya's unexpected play.

Damn, that was close. I pull myself up to my feet and feel as the keen edge of frostbite begins to overtake the right half of my body. I shiver, but my glare is unfaltering as I search for Midoriya's green eyes. "Why do you continue to fight in such a state?" Another blast of ice launches itself at Midoriya. In such a state, continuing to fight is harming yourself more than me. You've broken every finger in that hand. You've not yet laid a finger on me.