Epilogue

Katsuki Bakugou

An abominable feeling has saturated my mind ever since I left Todoroki's dorm. Like thorns sprouting perniciously from my chest, I've been unable to effectively remove the bramble from where it's manifested.

Dammit, I can't shake this feeling, I think to myself as consternation seizes my chest. I should text him and make sure nothing is wrong. He didn't look good when he said he wanted to retire early. God, I almost feel nauseous. Is he sick?

Kirishima: Somethin up man? You dont seem like yourself.

Me: I have a bad feeling about Todoroki. I'll talk later.

Fumbling to my previous conversation with Todoroki, I swiftly open it up. I briefly skim over the available messages from our previous conversation that are currently present on my screen.

Todoroki: Again, you don't have to do this.

Me: Again, I want to do this, so shut it. Besides, I'm willing to bet you wouldn't if I didn't.

Todoroki: Fair enough. Still, I feel like a burden.

Me: I know you do. But trust me when I say you're not, 'kay? Maybe that's asking a lot. Whatever. I'm working on it, too.

Todoroki: Right.

I now send a new message to him.

Me: Oi. Everything all right?

Five minutes pass, and I receive no response.

Well, shit, I think while dialing him. If he doesn't pick up, I'm hauling my ass over there. The call rings out until it hits his voice mail. Fuck. He could just be sleeping for all I know, but something leaves an acerbic taste in my mouth. He could've taken a walk and left his phone in his dorm. Tch. I'm hyper-focused on this, but I still don't trust him to make the right decisions for himself. His judgment is impaired by his damn self-loathing. I get it, but even so...

Springing from my bed and flying out the door from my dorm, I bolt through the dormitory to Todoroki's dorm. Upon arriving at said dorm, I uproariously pound on the door. When no response can be heard, I vigorously try the knob, bashing it to the left and right and realizing a moment too late that the door is unlocked. Throwing open the door, the impact of the knob slamming into the wall is like a hammer jamming a nail into my chest. The door languidly sways back towards me.

Frost clings to the hollow air.

What...the fuck?

Silence drips slowly down.

It can't...

A spear of ice impales my chest.

...be true.

Memories.

Huh?

No.

A body.

A body.

"Mom?"

Todoroki?

"H-Hey..."

Is this...

"Are you..."

...a dream?

"...still there?"

A body that I had once been talking to dangles slowly from the ceiling. A body with a blue hue staining its strained face creeps back and forth. With arms mangled by long, visibly deep gashes streaming in a lush, stomach-churning scarlet, lips coated thickly in saliva snaking down the chin and gradually dripping to the floor, and a neck chained by a noose, the body belongs to none other than Todoroki.