33 | Words Are Like Blades

Izuku Midoriya

Although thoroughly bemused by Todoroki's ability to read precisely what it is I'm thinking, my staggering towers of questions that I have for him never cease to fall apart once he flips through my compilation of thoughts like they're a massive book. Instead, I sink into a dither when he successfully takes the reins from me and offers up a smile that was once seldom seen. Albeit that the receiving end of Todoroki's ardent affection is indisputably sensational and far superior to any of my methods of expressing my steadfast captivation for him. Nonetheless, I'm unable to extinguish the exulted, roaring flame raging from within that beckons for me to ignite Todoroki and force his eyes open.

Shoto, do you even realize how much I love your smile? I think to myself as I curl up against Todoroki's side. He's leaning his left arm against the arm of the couch and has his right arm behind my back. Before, you never smiled. You never spoke. You never interacted with anyone. You were the lone wolf of our class. I-I thought that you were a sociopath. Then again, for all I know, you could just be really good at lying. Still, I trust you. Despite not feeling emotion, I think you can, but you don't remember what it is or how to feel it. I know you're hurting, at the very least. So I'll do everything I can to ease the pain. I love you. It is December, so I should start thinking about that. Gosh, the best gift I could ever ask for would be to be able to change how you see yourself. Although I want you to be able to feel emotion, changing your mental image is more significant to me. I want you to be proud of who you are. I'm so proud of you! But you don't see yourself the same way. I know you don't. You're hurt, and you don't like yourself at all. You won't say you're hurt, but the day at the bridge and the day I found you like that in your room tell a fraction of the true tale.

While I begin to wrap my arms around Todoroki's waist, he sneezes. "Achoo!" WAH! Todoroki's right arm abruptly ejects an oscillating plume of dazzling white frost into the air that swiftly chills my cheeks. I've never heard you sneeze before! That was...so cute! Shoto, everything you d-do is either cute or hot. Gah, that's actually really darn embarrassing to even think about. "My apologies, Izuku. As of lately, I've been sneezing quite frequently—I've never been able to control my quirk during these instances." He places his left hand on my frozen cheek and thaws it immediately, the heat radiating from his hand warming my very soul.

Th-That is absolutely adorable. "Allergies?" I ask, grinning hopelessly at how wonderful my boyfriend is and just how undeniably grateful I am to know him at all.

"Preposterous. I've no allergies," Todoroki replies with somewhat of a hoarse voice, leaning back against the couch. "How curious."

I turn my body in Todoroki's direction and feel his forehead with my hand. N-No fever. Well, that's good. A cold, m-maybe? "I think you might have a cold, Shoto." I retract my hand from his forehead and begin to examine his facial expression and figure. "D-Don't worry, though! I'll take care of you." Yeah. You were finally close to having gained back most of your weight, but you're definitely thinner again. When I say 'thinner,' I mean...you look like you lost everything you gained. Shoto, what happened? Something had to have happened! "Hungry?" I know he's going to say 'no' unforgivingly and turn his attention away from me, but this time it'll be different. He's just so thin... I don't want to see him lose a single pound more. I don't think his b-body can endure losing more weight. Around his stunning muscles are so many visible bones and streaks of blue from his veins popping out. Shoto...

"No," he mutters dismissively, but before he can tilt his head to eschew looking at me, I clutch his sunken cheeks with my hands and firmly hold his head in place so that his gaze is level with mine. "Why? Why is this what you are concerned about?" His unfaltering eyes instantaneously counter the challenge I posed. I can't tell. Is he being defensive, o-or just asking to know? Why can't I understand him more? "It seems rather insignificant to me." His piercing stare suddenly softens as he clears his throat.