Chapter 13 Taking Risks and Telling Secrets

Jay's Pov:

"Are we even sure this is going to work?" I asked the others as we charged forward on the battle field. "I mean we don't even know if Uma is related to Posiedon." I continued.

"It's going to work." Uma suddenly responded her voice firm and unwavering.

"How do you know that?" Mal asked.

"When Hypnos hit me with his sleep magic blasts I had visions. They showed me that my mother is Triton's sister." Uma responded.

We all stared at her shocked at what she had just told us.

"Your sure?" Mal questioned.

"Positive." Uma responded.

Suddenly we all heard a scream from in front of us.

"No...no.." Nico began to mumble as he fell to his knees.

"Nico get up!" Herky and Uma yelled

"NO!" Nico suddenly screamed grabbing his head. A tear slipped down his face as he stared at the ground. Mal ran up to Nico and put a hand on his shoulder trying to console him.

Nico's Pov:

Earlier...

I was fighting off some minor god when suddenly a feeling of dread came over me.

"Nico, whats wrong?" Herky asked me.

"NO!!" I screamed as I felt the life slipping from someone I knew and cared for.

Present:

This could not be happening. One of the only people I had left that cares about me is slipping away.

"Nico, whats wrong?" Mal asked me as she knelt down in front of me with a hand on my shoulder. I jumped back not used to contact. I debated on whether to tell her what was going on and then sighed as I realized she was the closest thing I had to family at the moment and I needed to talk to someone.

"Nico?" Mal asked as she waited for me to say sonething.

"I'm ok, I just felt something bad really bad." I responded staring at the ground as if it was going to reward me with something for my pain.

"Nico..." Mal said obviously being able to tell that I'm not ok.

I sighed as I began to fight off enemies that had begun to close in on me while I was down. I then whispered quietly to Mal who was next to me "I can sense death, expecially when someone close to me is dying." I explained.

"You sensed someone dying didn't you?" Mal asked quietly the tone of her voice indicating she already knew the answer and was hoping she was wrong.

"Yeah and It's someone really close to me this time. One of the people I can't bare to lose. I already lost my mother, sister and my friend Leo plus so many other good people. I can't lose anyone else, I won't cause the deaths of anyone else. But hey I'm the son of Hades I guess thats my specialty, causing death where ever I go." I rambled not realizing just how much I had just said.

"Nico, you can't blame yourself for everything that happens around you. It's not healthy and not everything is your fault. Months ago Audrey stole my mothers sceptor and tried to force Ben to make her queen. She put people to sleep and turned everyone else to stone and then I stepped in and used dad's ember to stop her and she passed out. She was slowly slipping away and there seemed to be nothing we could do. I felt guilty and I blamed myself becuase if I had just thought to apoligize for everything I did to her or if I had realized how much pain I caused her then maybe she wouldn't have been dying in front of me. I cried in Ben's arms for a girl I thought I hated and you know what she may have survived but I blamed myself for everything for a long time. It took me months to realize that it wasn't all on me many people made mistakes and I had to let go of my guilt. It may seem difficult now but someday you will do the same." Mal said giving me a sisterly talk.

I turned from knocking down the last  enemy nearby and broke down in Mal's arms letting my walls come down for the first time in years "I JUST HATE THIS FEELING! PEOPLE I CARE ABOUT DYING AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO TO SAVE THEM! I FEEL SO DAM HELPLESS!" Suddenly a small smile came upon my face as I remembered the joke from around camp. Percy used to say it all the time after the trip to the Hoover Dam on the quest to save Annabeth. Then I sighed remembering that was also when Bianca died.

"Nico?" Mal hesitantly asked once again

"I'm okay...well not really but I'm gonna be okay."

Meanwhile...

Sadie's Pov:

We all heard a thump from behind us and turned to see a boy with blond hair on the ground.

"Oh my gods." I heard Anabeth say from nearby.

The blond haired boy suddenly stood up and raced back towards where Kronos was standing. A blast from the weapon came out as the boy yelled "Close your ears!" and made a sharp whistling sound that caused every one of our enemies to freeze. Then suddenly he was on the ground as the blast hit him hard.

"WILL!" A girl I remember being introduced to named Hazel yelled. She ran to the boy crouching down and raising stones around him like a shield as she craddled him in her arms.

"We need a medic over here!!" Percy yelled as Annabeth and others stood in shock. A medic from the Apollo cabin or now I guess the big house since the cabin collapsed came running and cursed as he saw the boy on the ground.

"Shist." I heard him mumble as he looked at the boy. "Stupid brother what were you thinking." he continued to mumble as another person came and helped him load the boy onto the stretcher.

Hazel continued to watch as they carried him away. "Gods please don't tell me Nico felt that." she said shaking her head as the others sighed.

"We can only hope he didn't." Anabeth said sadly.

Frank wrapped an arm around Hazel giving her a tight squeeze "Everything will be okay, his father is the God of Medicine he's gonna be fine." he told her while they embraced.

We all quickly went back to focusing on the battle at hand. Running through the still partially stunned eniemies as quickly as possible while children of the gods here began to talk to them and try to get through to them while they are stunned. Miraculously one by one the Gods and Goddesses came out of their trances and stopped fighting as we helped the main trio advance towards Kronos.

"This is it!" Percy said as they made to a few feet in front of Kronos.  Suddenly before we could react a large wave of energy swept towards us from Kronos.

"Holy Hades!" I heard Percy say "Guys fall back!!"

To be continued.....

Author's note:
Heres another chapter to add to the story! I'm on spring break this week so hopefully there will be more chapters to come. Thanks for reading everyone! See you next time!