Chapter 22 Together Again and Taking on quests

Mal's pov:

"You will never get to go home." The words sunk into my brain as I sat in Hades Cabin after everything that happened.

"I don't care what he said we will find a way to get you home." Nico said as he sat beside me.

"Now I undertand how you felt." I mumbled in response.

Nico sighed and then his eyes lit up as if an idea just came into his head.

"Come with me." he said and so I followed him out of the cabin and through the camp.

"What is this place?" I asked as we approached a creepy looking cave.

"Remember the prophecy I got when I was sent to your world?" he asked.

I nodded in response.

"This is where Prohecies come from or at least one place. This is the home of Racheal Elizabeth Dare, the Oracle of Delphi." He explained.

We walked inside and a red-headed girl walked towards me and her eyes turned green as she began to speak.

"A girl with purple hair and the dragons might

Who can make the ember ignite

Must travel with strangers to distant lands

Helping them foil evils plans

Using her power to save their world once again

Taking the ghost king along to help her defend

She must stop these evils before they bring the existence of demigods to an end

The only way to stop their wrath

Is to trust her instincts and follow the enlightened path

Demigods of all kinds must join together

It will take twelve groups to strengthen the tether

A dragon and ghost king plus ten leaders more

Must split up and close each door

Success will lead to the dragons return

but failure will lead the world to burn"

When she finished speaking I stood there in shock.

"What does all that even mean?" I asked Nico who shook his head.

"Sounds like you and I plus the other campers are going on a quest once again." He said.

"Do you guys ever get a break?" I asked.

Nico shook his head.

"Lets go talk with the others at the big house." he added.

I followed him to the house at the back of the camp as he gathered people along the way. I reconized these people as the ones he introduced me to earlier plus some others.

Nico began speaking after everyone gathered together. "Thank you all for coming to listen to me. It seems we have another prophecy to fulfill."

Chatter began around the crowd of people.

"Silence!" a man at the front of the crowd beside me and Nico yelled.

Nico continued speaking. "As you all know, Mal came here unexpectantly and has been told there is no way for her to get home. We went to visit Rachael and she gave Mal a prophecy."

He turned to look at me.

"Mal."  he said. 

I took a deep breathe and explained the prophecy to the others.

Gasps and chatter were heard and other demigods I had not met yet began declaring that they would stay to help me. After we finished talking with the others we left them to think and plan while we talked about things.

"Is there anyway I can talk to my friends or anything? I need to let them know I'm okay. They are probably freaking out expecially Evie and Ben."

Nico turned to look at me.

"There is only one way I can think of and we can try it but there are no guarantees it will work." He replied.

Nico threw a coin and yelled. "Ben!"

An hour before in Auradon...

Evie's Pov:

It has been almost a month since Mal disapeared. Ben sent out search parties all over the Isle and Auradon and she seems to just be gone foever.

"Aughhhh!!!!" Ben shouted throwing something off his desk and across the room.

"Ben!!!, Calm down!!" His parents yelled at him as Belle sat down beside her son and comforted him gently.

"I just don't undertand where she could be." he said.

I finally spoke up from the doorway.
"Maybe Carlos was right." I said.

Flashback.....

Unless...." Carlos trailed off

"Unless what?" We all asked

His answer stunned us all.

"What if Mal some how got sucked into the shadow travel with Nico and ended up in his world."

"No...No...no way." Ben said.

He then sent out the search parties and the insanity began.

End flashback (an hour later) still Evie's pov:

I stood there with Ben, Beast and Belle still trying to convince him that Carlos may have been right. He kept denying it. Honestly I knew he was simply upset and in denial. Then suddenly something opened in front of us and there stood Mal and Nico.

"Mal!?" Ben said walking toward the image.

"Where are you?" He asked even though he already knew the answer.

"Ben." she smiled walking forward.  "I'm with Nico at Camp Halfblood. Somehow when I reached out to stop him from leaving for a second to talk to him I was sucked through." she explained.

Belle and Beast turned after hearing this and left to get the others.

"Where were you for almost a month? Why couldn't you contact us sooner? Why aren't you back home yet? Can't Nico shadow travel you home?" He began to rapid fire questions.

"I had never traveled that way before and it took a toll on my body and I had to heal. I was put into a coma like sleep at a different camp and no one knew who I was until I woke up and they contacted Nico after I said I was from Auradon. Nico tried to travel me home but unfortunately our worlds have seperated so it was no use."

"So then you're stuck there forever!" Jay said as they all had entered the room during the conversation.

"That's what I thought but we visited an oracle and she gave us another prophecy." Mal started to explain.

"So? How does a prophecy help?" Carlos asked.

"When we finish the prophecy I should be able to come home."

Author's note: dun dun dun
This is the end of Shadow Traveling to a whole new world!