Chapter 20 Disapearances and Distant Worlds

A few hours after Nico returned..

Ben's Pov:

The kingdom was a mess. I have already made preparations for cleaning up and restoring things to normal.

"Ben!" I heard a voice call out.

"Come in!" I yelled from my office and was greeted by Evie, Jay and Carlos.

"Is Mal with you?" Evie asked.

"No, I figured she went with you guys to survey the damage and help with clean up. She doesn't enjoy conferences so I figured she slipped away. " I replied.

"Last time we saw her she was saying goodbye to Nico." Jay said.

I shook my head. How could I be so busy with my kingly duties that I didn't realize my fiance is missing? I wanted to slap myself but I new that wouldn't do any good.

"Maybe she went somewhere to think? Like to the lake or the field by the school?" I suggested trying to come up with an explaination for her disapearance.

"M wouldn't just disappear without telling anyone and she's not answerinf her phone. This doesn't make any sense." Evie replied.

Hoping for a miracle we went and searched around for Mal at some of her favorite places.

"It doesn't make sense a person can't just vanish." Jay commented angrily.

"Unless...." Carlos trailed off.

"Unless what?" We all asked.

His answer stunned us all.

Marilyn's Pov:

I heard from Reyna at Camp Halfblood that she would be returning soon.  After our conversation I decided to take a walk around the camp borders.

"Wait for me!" My friend Claudia called out as she ran towards me.

"Hurry up slowpoke! I yelled to her as I waited.

Once she caught up we took off on our walk as we talked cheerfully about random topics. Suddenly, I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

"Hey Dia, what is that? I asked her pointing at something laying in the ground up ahead.

She turned toward the direction I was pointing and gasped in shock.

"Dia, whats wrong?" I asked her stepping closer to her.

"It's a person." she said walking toward what I had seen from a distance. She crouched down and looked at the body.

"Is she alive?" I asked fearing the worst.

It was uncommon but sometimes we did find the bodies of people that didn't make it to camp after Lupa's training.

"She is breathing but she's out cold." Claudia responded.

"We have to get her help" I responded, worried the poor girl was hurt or even dying.

Together we picked up the girl and carried her back to the camp infirmary.

"What happened to her?" They asked.

"We don't know we found her like this."  We explained.

They layed her on a cot and began to examine her.

I decided while that was happening I should call Reyna on the Leo phone as everyone calls it and tell her about the situation. The phone rang a couple times and then she answered.

"What is it Marilyn?" She asked seeming upset that I was calling.

"Is this a bad time to call?" I asked.

"No sorry I'm still recovering and the pain meds haven't kicked in yet." She replied.

"Well this is urgent." I said hoping she would hear the distress in my voice.

" What's wrong?" She asked concerned.

"Dia and I found a girl unconcious outside the boarders. She was unconcious and possibly hurt and we don't know what to do." I explained.

"I assume she is in the infirmary?" Reyna questioned before continuing. "Take care of her for now and get a story from her when she is awake. She may be one of us or even a lost demigod who belongs with the Greeks or anything. Keep me updated on her conditon and tell me when she wakes to give you a story. We have to stay here and help rebuild. As long as she isn't a threat she is welcome there."

Understanding my orders I told her I understood as I hung up and gave the orders to the others. Just then Dia ran over to me.

"We found these around where we found her" she said.

She handed me two rings and a crown. One ring looked like a beatiful engagement ring and the other a ring with a monster on it. The crown was beautiful and covered with diamonds. I put the stuff in a baggy and sat it in the girls room on the table. Then Dia came back with one more item a creepy book with a dragon on it. I sat that on the table not wanting to look at anyone's private information.

Suddenly we heard yelling outside and went to investigate the ruckus.
People were gathered by the Pluto
Temple which had a glow coming from it. One of my comrades came up to me and explained that it began glowing when the girl arrived here.

"Maybe we should bring her up here." Claudia suggested.

Let me text Reyna first and get permission.

I texted Reyna:

Pluto temple started glowing after the arrival of this girl. Should we bring her there?'

She responded quickly.

The glowing is a sign we must not ignore Pluto's call. Bring her to the temple and keep me updated.

I sent her a thumbs up and had one of the infirmary staff bring her up to the temple. Laying her at the base we all stepped back and watched as the glow surrounded her and she began coughing loudly.

Mystery Pov:

I felt wierd as I coughed until I could breathe and then I heard a voice.

Child you have fought long and hard to protect your world.
You are not only a warrior but a warrior from my line. Hades can not exist on these grounds but I know who you are and so I respect you and will heal you to help you stay away from the fate of others born into your life. You must get to Camp Halfblood to find your way home but for now rest. Your body has never been through such a rough mode of travel. Good luck young warrior.

Then everything faded to black..

Author's note:

Here is another chapter for you all!! Enjoy! Two more left and thenits all over! Or is it....

Guide:

Marilyn- daughter of Euterpe ( one of the muses)

Claudia- legacy (or grandaughter) of Mercury (Hermes)