Chapter 15 Grieving Hearts and The God of the Underworld

Mal's Pov:

Realizing that it was going to take a little bit longer for the others to get the weapon we fled to somewhere safe. Fairy Cottage in Sherwood Forest.

"Nico, are you ok?" I asked him seeing that he seemed very distressed.

"I'm fine" He grinded out, seeming to be holding back his emotions.

I sighed deciding that I would speak to him later and give him some time to calm down after everything.

"Not to be on the negative side but it won't take long for them to track us here, so what are we gonna do?" Carlos asked

"Leave that to me." dad said as he had just arrrived shortly after we got here.
"While you guys have been handling your part I have done mine. I used what magic I had to free a select amount of Gods and Goddesses from dear old dad's hold. Now that you all have the weapon they are all free and not happy about the situation. We will distract him while you guys wait on your friends".

"Be careful dad." I told him as I hugged him goodbye.

"Don't worry about me kiddo." he responded. He then gestured for Nico to come over to him.

He smiled down at Nico  "Kid, you are strong and I know you will fulfill this quest. Don't give up no matter what, you hear me? Children of Hades no matter their origin have tough lives you and Mali have beaten the odds. Be strong kiddo and no matter how many people get hurt you must kepp going." He said giving Nico a long speech.

Nico nodded replying with a thank you and dad took off disapearing in a puff of smoke.

Nico sat down holding his head in his hands still seeming extremely upset. I sighed "Nico if you need to talk to someone I'm here." I said walking toward him "I may not be the sister you're used to but I'm still technically your sister." I explained.

Nico sighed once again. "It's just not easy for me to open up to people Mal." he said. "I've been through alot in a small amount of time. Most of my life was spent in a hotel where time didn't even seem to exist before Percy found me and Bianca." A sad smile flashed across his face. "If only I had known she would pull such a crazy stunt to see me happy." He sighed as he pulled something from his pocket. It was a small statue that seemed to look something like a god.

"This is what she died for and it will never leave my side. It seems every where I go I bring pain and suffering.
Mom, Bianca, Percy and Anabeth falling into Tartarus, and Gods i've probaly been holding Will back from whoever that guy was in the woods. Maybe I should just go to this isle of the lost when all this is over with." When he finally got quiet I saw what seemed to be a tear fall from his eye.

"Oh Nico, don't talk like that okay. I was a kid from the isle I wanted to take over this place and hurt everyone. I did hurt some people and I didn't even realize it. You are perfect just the way you are. Not of those issues were your fault. Things happen and sometimes there is just nothing we can do. I haven't known you long but I can tell you are a good person. You could never belong on the isle of the lost and your Boyfriend, that Will kid, said he loves you and I could see it in both of your eyes before I even knew.  Don't doubt your relationship, I already made that mistake. I doubted Ben and left becuase I didnt believe he could love me and thought I didn't belong. You have great friends and a loving boyfriend who love you for who you are embrace it." I spoke to him from my heart.

Nico nodded. "Thanks Mal, I needed someone to talk to since Will isn't here. I'm glad to call you sister." He responded.  "Now this is my fight I have to go." he said darting off out the door.

"Nico!" I yelled "we need you here for the prophecy!"

He continued out the door "You're a child of Hades you got this!" He yelled back running off before I could help him.

Percy's pov:

Reyna fell to the ground with a thump.

"Reyna!" We yelled runnimg toward her.

"What just happened?" I asked looking at Annabeth.

"The weapon must have had an encantment on it that triggered when she touched it. She saved you guys." Anabeth stated.

Will's sister rushed out loading Reyna onto a stretcher and along with one of her brothers then they carried her off.

"What now?" Hazel asked "That thing is still enchanted."

"Leave that to me." We all turned, startled by the voice.

"Father?" Hazel asked confused.

"I'm here my daughter." Pluto responded, a burning in his eyes.

"You can't interfere this is a prophecy. Gods are forbidden to..." she began to say before getting cut off.

"I am a God, I do as I please and will worry about the consequence later." He replied "I will deal with this myself." he continued.

He then charged into battle blocking his father's every attack.

"Hades, what a welcomed suprise. My weakest son who was practically banished by his own family to the underworld. You are weak! So is your son! I knew I could exploit him and use his power against him. The power he got from you. I knew he was a weak point just like you." Kronos spat as Hades charged him.

"I am not weak! Nico is not weak! You are the one that is weak father!" Hades yelled as he lashed out on his father.

"Oh really?" Kronos said then suddenly an image of Nico appeared. He was fighting against the other Kronos and was currently on the ground trying to get up. He groaned weakly as he attempted to push himself up. A blast started to come towards him as he struggled to get up.

"Nico!" We yelled towards him.

To be continued....

Authors note: Hi guys! I hope you doing ok during all this craziness.
Im okay just hanging at home waiting for this to get over with. Stay safe, stay at home and stay health everyone. See you next time!