Chapter 16 Losing Hope and Leaping into Action

Evie's pov:

We all stood there stunned as Nico ran from the cottage out to the fight.

"I have to go after him." Mal turned as she attempted to flee the room.

"M, you can't!" I said sighing. "We need you here to split the weapon in case Nico doesn't come back."

Mal sighed "E what do we do? I can't just let him get himself killed. I know he can hold his own but he's become like a little brother and if anything happens to him I won't be able to live with myself or even look at myself."

Suddenly before we could continue our discussion the door opened and hurt looking Hades fell on the floor near the door frame.

"Dad!!" Mal yelled, running toward him and cradling him in her arms. Tears fell from her eyes. "I know I complained about you never being there but I know you were always watching and protecting me. Please stay with me."

"Awe you do care Mali." he said quietly before closing his eyes and going still.

"Dad! Dad no!" Mal yelled smacking his face trying to get him to wake up.

"M! M! Stop!" I said wrapping my arms around her in a comforting way.

"Uh I think he needs medical attention or something." Gil said staring down at Hades.

Flashback:

Nico's Pov:

I gotta get back up. I said to myself as I pushed myself up on my hands and knees slowly rising from the ground. I saw a beam of lighted head for me and knew I wasn't gonna make it away in time. Suddenly Mal's father came running toward me taking the hit for me.

"No!" I yelled running to his side. Kronos may be weaponless but that doesn't mean he is powerless. I channeled my powers and put my hand on Mal's father's shoulder and he disapeared as I would shadow traveling.

Now:

"I just wounded a God and you think you have a chance?" Kronos sneared mockingly. I used the time to channel my powers into the ground. "Rise skeleton army." I whispered hoping it would work and suddenly the ground ripped and skeleton solider rose from bellow. "Yes!" I cheered to myself.

"You think some skeletons can stop me?" Kronos said as he began fighting them as the other Gods and Goddesses  fought him from the other side.

I growled embracing my godly size and raising more and more soilders. "It's not smart to anger a child of Hades Kronos! You won't like me when I'm angry trust me!" I yelled.

"I'm not afraid of you child of Hades." He said calmly walking towards me.

Hades (Percy Jackson) pov:

"You will not critize me or my son anymore! I don't care about how much more people love Zeus or Poseidon. I am Hades and I am just as strong as my brothers if not stronger. My children suffer but I at least try to help them unlike you! You ate us like we didn't even matter you dumb Bastard!"

I reached out chanting an underworld spell that would get rid of the enchantment on the weapon.  I then sent a bolt of energy up knocking the weapon out of Kronos's hand.

"Get the weapon Now!" I yelled holding him back but suddenly he through a bolt of energy towards someone. "No!" I screamed attempting to run towards her but I was too late.
My Roman counter part took over.

Pluto's pov:

I ran toward my daughter cradling her in my arms. "Hazel please talk to me." I whispered. A boy came running over and stood above us. He looked horrified at her conditon and seemed as if he was going to cry.  I put my hand on her forhead  and sighed in relief. "She will be okay boy." I said staring at Frank Zhang  standing above us. "Take her to medical center I wish I could stay but I have already interfered too much in this." He nodded picking her up and running off.

Magnus's pov

"What do we do now?" I asked as I stared at my cousin and her boyfriend.

"We will find a way to rip this thing apart." Annabeth responded.

"But Hazel is unconcious and Nico is stuck in the other world and can't return until the prophecy is completed." Percy said.

"He has a point " Frank said as he returned from taking Hazel to the infirmary.

"Well were sort of related to a god of death." Carter spoke up.

"It's not a close enough relation, while our father is Osiris, Osiris is not our father." Sadie said speaking up.

Everyone looked around trying to find a way to fix this situation.

"Wait! I got it!" Sadie spoke up " Walt or Anubis is the key to all of this!" Sadie continued.

"Me?" He said confused.

" Your the son of Osiris aka the Egyptian god of the underworld." She explained.

Anubis nodded his head. "This might just work." he agreed.

Percy threw a drachma and yelled "Nico!"

We saw him rasing the dead and fighting Kronos off as the Gods and Goddesses there helped him.

"Nico!" They yelled and he looked up.

"I'm kind of fighting right now guys" he said.

"Nico we have the weapon! Get back to your new friends so we can end this thing!" His friends yelled.

" I'm working on it!" He replied getting up from raising the dead and turning to run back to his friends.

Suddenly bars rose up from the ground caging him in.

"You're weak!"  Kronos yelled. "I don't even need a weapon to destroy you boy. It's all over for you now."

"There is no way you are that powerful without the weapon." Nico said, anger evident in his words.

"Oh you are so smart." He stated. "I may have absorbed some energy from the weapon as I wielded it." He said as he laughed evilly.

"You won't get away with this!" Nico yelled.

"Guys." he whispered trying to not let Kronos know we were there. "Contact Mal she can help you all."  he continued.

Before anyone could respond the message disapeared.

To be continued...

Authors note:

Another double update! See you guys next time. Stay safe!