Four

[Eleven Years Ago]

They were four.

==

 Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya sat on the floor in Izuku's living room, playing with small cars and trucks, pretending to control a town. "Kacchan?" Izuku asked suddenly, "What?" Katsuki looked at him, though at the time he didn't know that he was a boy. 

"Could you start calling me a boy?" He asked, and Katsuki, though was confused, agreed immediately, never once using the wrong prounouns.

==

[Present Time]

"Line up, everyone" Aizawa ordered, "Except you, Midoriya" Izuku sighed, and sat on the bleachers, watching his classmates train. 

"Young Midoriya" All Might called out to him, ushering him over, behind the bleachers. When they got behind the bleachers, deflating into his smaller form. "We need to talk" All Might began, "I've heard from Midnight" All Might paused and Izuku looked down at his feet, knowing exactly where this is going to go. 

"I'm sorry" Izuku squeaked, "I'm not mad, I'm just concerned" All Might assured. "I'm care very deeply about you, I just want to make sure you're alright, physically and mentally" All Might said as he brought Izuku into a tight hug, "And if you need to go talk to someone, I understand" the older hero said.

"I had to when I was younger" Izuku was kind of surprised, "And I still have to, from time to time" All Might admitted. "But, I'm here, Midnight's here, it doesn't always seem like it, but, Aizawa's here too. He cares about his students" Izuku started to tear up, hugging his mentor even tighter. 

As he pulled away, Izuku whipped his eyes, "Thanks Dad" Izuku then realized what he said. "I'm sorry" Izuku blushed, embarrassed. "It's okay" All Might assured, "Son".

==

Dinner time rolled around and the students all sat around the large table in the dorm, Sato, Bakugo, and Todoroki cooking dinner for their classmates. "Midoriya's here!" Kaminari called out, bringing the attention to the young boy. "Midoriya!" Iida yelled, running over to him. 

"What?" Izuku was confused, why was Iida running to him. "I've been worried, why aren't you able to train?" Iida asked, doing his usual karate chop with both of his hands. "Um" Izuku fiddled with his hands, "He doesn't have to talk about it!" Bakugo yelled from the kitchen, surprising the others. 

"Why are you acting so strange?" Kirishima asked his blonde haired friend, "What do you mean?!" Katsuki yelled at him, cooking the food a little rougher. "Nevermind" Kiri sweatdropped, looking over at Izuku, who was now sitting at the table, getting questioned by Ura, Iida, and Mina. 

==

It was a dark night and Izuku just can't seem to finally find sleep. Two rolled by and Izuku decided to just go get a cup of tea. 

It was silent as he made his way towards the kitchen, wearing a too big All Might tee and sweatpants. Grabbing his glass mug, which has his name on it, he turned on the tea kettle, waiting for the water to boil. 

"Can't sleep?" Nearly throwing his mug at them, he noticed Shoto sitting at the table, holding a mug of his own. "Shoot, you scared me" Izuku laughed, "Sorry" Shoto said, taking a drink. "But yeah, I can't sleep" Izuku sat across from him, "I don't sleep much either " Shoto admitted.

"Have you ever tried sleep meds?" Izuku suggested, "No but I think I'll try that" Shoto told him. "Starting tomorrow, well, later today" Shoto said as he put his mug in the sink, walking towards his room.

Izuku heard the beep of the tea kettle and poured the water, heading back to bed.

==

597 Words

Published, 03/02/2020

Hope this going good. 

What are your thoughts?