5

"Now this is just beautiful! Let me get a picture, hold it up. Gather around boys, squish together!"

Hoseok was close to jumping out of his bedroom window. His mom was being beyond embarrassing. Just over a poster.

Despite that, the boys huddled together and smiled for the picture. Jimin held one side of the poster, Taehyung on the other. Hoseok's mom gushed, exclaiming that they were so talented and did such a good job together.

"Feel free to stop by any time, you guys are so sweet!" She cheered with a dazzling smile. The boys nodded and thanked her.

"Mom, can you please just..." Hoseok muttered, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Okay, okay, I'm going. Stay as long as you'd like. Stay for dinner for all I care!" She chuckled. Finally, she left the teens in peace.

"Well, it's clear you're on my mom's good side." Hoseok laughed, shutting his bedroom door and collapsing on his bed.

"She's nice." Jimin smiled.

"Y-Yeah." Jungkook nodded in agreement.

"So how are we gonna do this?" Namjoon raised his brows, nodding to the completed poster.

"Uh, keep up, Namjerk. We've already finished the project." Seokjin sassed with an eye roll.

"No shit. I mean, how are we gonna present it? Should we split up the-"

"P-Present?!" Jungkook squeaked, his doe eyes widening.

"We have to present this?" Taehyung gaped. He hadn't heard any mention of that.

"Yeah, it says it on the back of the rubric." Namjoon nodded, eyeing the group. "None of you knew?"

"I suck at presenting." Jimin groaned, his lips pulling into a cute pout. Jungkook looked absolutely petrified.

"It's whatever." Yoongi shrugged. "Not looking forward to it, though."

"I-I don't wanna present." Jungkook quivered. The boys would've cooed at him if it hadn't been for the pure fear in his eyes.

"It's okay, Kookie. We'll all be up there. We can be equally stupid!" Taehyung laughed. Jungkook's expression still didn't change.

"I have to get home." Seokjin sighed.

"Me too." Namjoon nodded, shoving his phone back in his pocket after checking the time. The others murmured in agreement that they should probably be heading home.

"Good work guys. Thanks for actually doing work unlike most groups." Hoseok smiled. He led them to the door and waved goodbye.

He closed the door when the teens were out of sight and sighed. It was hard to believe they were just awkward strangers a short while ago. It felt like they'd been friends forever.

Hoseok was nice and bubbly, but he never had anyone he considered a real friend. He looked out the window.

Maybe these guys could end up being his first true friends. Maybe more. Or maybe everything would go back to the way it was before they were assigned this project.

~~~~

"H-Hobi hyung, I'm really scared." Jungkook whimpered quietly, not even listening to the other group present their project. His lip quivered and his hands were shaking.

"It's okay, Kookie." Hoseok reassured him. "I made sure you got the least speaking."

"Can I hold your hand, Hobi hyung?"