9

"Mom, I'm not feeling well." Yoongi mumbled as he rubbed his eyes, bumping into the doorway.

"You're going to school."

"I haven't missed a day of school the whole year!" Yoongi protested whilst frowning.

Mrs. Min sighed and walked over to her son, pushing up his hair to press her palm against his forehead. She studied his face for a few moments and sighed heavily.

"You do have a fever." She muttered.

Yoongi stared at her with hopeful eyes. She sighed again and slowly nodded. "Okay, I'm allowing this one time. You've been a good kid. But you're going back to school on Monday, and you have to rest."

"Deal!" Yoongi nodded. "So can my boys come over?"

"Of course not!" Mrs. Min looked at him like he was stupid before whacking his head.

"Why not? They're all sick too, it doesn't matter!" Yoongi huffed, rubbing the spot on his head where he was just hit.

"You need to be getting rest and taking medicine, not having play dates, you moron!"

"But Mom, they are my medicine!"

"That doesn't even make sense-"

"What's going on here?" Mr. Min spoke up. His wife and son turned to him.

"I'm letting Yoongi stay home today, he's sick. But the dumb ass is trying to invite his little boyf- friends over."

"Are you sure they're just friends?" Mr. Min raised a brow. Yoongi froze and Mrs. Min's face fell. He knew.

"Dad..." Yoongi trailed off. He wasn't ready yet. He wasn't ready to tell his dad. But his dad already knew.

"You're in a relationship with all these boys, I presume? A romantic one, that is." Mr. Min questioned as he tied his tie. Yoongi's heart was pounding rapidly.

Everyone had already told their parents. Yoongi told his mom, but he couldn't bring the courage to tell his dad. Because truth be told, he was petrified of how he would react. His dad was everything he looked up to. He could lose it all.

"Yes." Yoongi whispered. He stared down at his feet in shame. This was not the way he wanted to start the morning.

"I'm not stupid, Yoongi. I knew it as soon as it happened. You're my son, I can tell when you're hiding something from me." Mr. Min continued, still casually working on his tie. Mrs. Min approached him.

"Go easy on him, think about how he feels. He was so scared to tell you." She warned. "I've accepted it and if you don't-"

Mr. Min held up a hand to stop her, "I'm not done."

Yoongi didn't dare move a muscle. His father stepped closer to him. Now he was shaking.

"Look at me, son."

Yoongi did, slowly. He couldn't read his father's expression at all. He didn't look mad, he didn't look disappointed, and he didn't look disgusted. But who knew how he really felt?

"Like I said, you're my son. Which means I'll still love you no matter what you chose to do, as long as you aren't hurting yourself or others. I'm honestly surprised you'd think I'd love you any less because of this. I don't agree with it, but I will accept it because you are my son. You will always be my son."

Yoongi trembled, and then he was crying. He cried into his hands, his body shaking from the waves of relief that crashed upon him from hearing those words. His father pulled him into a hug, and allowed him to cry as much as he needed. Mrs. Min had never looked so relieved and proud of her husband. She too, hadn't even known what his reaction would be despite their years of marriage.