Chapter Four: Stealth

Song(s) that inspired this chapter: Praying by Kesha

Max's P.O.V

I sat in Chloe's desk chair while she laid on her bed and explained her plan.

"So, we go tonight. I heard that they have a fancy overnight meeting in Portland, so it's the perfect time to strike. We can break in through the front door, snoop around, and if we get caught you just rewind. You take whatever clues we find, then rewind all the back, so we aren't on the cameras. Then you brief me on what happened. Boom!" Chloe was proud of herself, which wasn't often these days. I chuckled in response.

"You really thought this out, didn't you?" I giggled.

"You bet." She replied, and sat up. "It's a very detailed, elaborate plan, and I can guarantee that it'll work."

"Only if you're certain." I agreed. She grinned contently.

"I am.
This is gonna be hella cool, just like in the spy movies!" Chloe gleefully exclaimed. She mimicked a gun with her fingers.

Chloe sounded like a little kid when she got excited about stuff. It was pretty entertaining, to say the least. But, she does tend to get overconfident a lot. That's why I'm here though, to balance out her craziness and childishness.

"I'm thinking for supplies, my gun, obviously. Your camera-" she began excitedly.

"Woah, you mean David's gun?" I stopped her.

"Whatever;" she rolled her ocean blue eyes.

"We don't need a gun, Chloe. You know I don't like that thing." I protested.

Chloe groaned. "You're no fucking fun! You're not Mad Max, you're Sad Max!" She jumped up on her bed.

"Cut loose! Have fun for once!" She began to jump and thrash around on her bed. I laughed, and despite my attempts to escape, she dragged me up there with her, and I gave in. We both danced around like idiots for a while before I had to return to Blackwell.

                     x-x-x

"Sorry that I forgot to water you yesterday Lisa!" I patted the leaves of my plant and poured some water in the soil.

Lisa was a gift from my parents from when I left for Blackwell.

It seems weird that I'm graduating in a few months. Chloe and Rachel are a year older than me, but I still think it sucks that Chloe never got to graduate. I think it's going to be one of the best moments in my life. But after I graduate, unless I can find somewhere to stay here, then I have to return to Seattle, which I really don't want to do.

I plopped down on my bed, and added the picture of Chloe that I took yesterday to my wall of polaroids. It was expanding more and more each day. Soon, it'd be full.

I grabbed the book I was reading off of my night table, and continued from where I left off. I got around twelve pages in, when I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I called out, and placed the open book face down on my bed.

The door opened to reveal Kate Marsh, one of my friends at Blackwell.

"Hey Kate," I said softly and patted the empty spot on the bed beside me.

After her suicide attempt a few months earlier, I tried to spend extra time with her, so that she wouldn't feel alone. These past few months we've become a lot closer, and Kate's a really nice, sweet girl.

"Hi Max." She responded and sat beside me.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"Well, I have a few more pages written, and I wanted you to look them over, so you can see what kind of pictures you think would fit in best." Kate explained, fidgeting with her hands.