Chapter Seven: Reunion

Song(s) that inspired this chapter: You're Somebody Else by Flora Cash

Rachel's P.O.V

Chloe and the other girl came inside, and I flung myself into Chloe's arms. Chloe still smelled the same, a mixture of cigarette smoke and leather, with a bit of mint from the gum she always chews. She held me back tightly and buried her face in my neck.

"I missed you so fucking much," She cried into my neck, and hugged me even tighter.

"I missed you too, Chloe." I sobbed into her jacket. She pulled out of the hug and looked at me.

She looked the same, but tired. I can't imagine what she's gone through this past year. If Chloe died, I wouldn't know what to do. Living without her was hard enough, but knowing she was out there, alive, helped.

"I can't believe you're actually alive." Chloe said tearfully.

"I'm glad I can finally see you again, but I fucking told you not to come!" I laughed and punched her arm, after wiping a tear from under my eye.

"And I fucking told you I don't listen!" She laughed and we both sat on the bed.

The girl with the brown bob and freckles stood awkwardly in the corner. She looked like....no, it couldn't be.

"Max?" I cocked my head to the side.

"You-you know who I am?" She looked confused.

"Oh yeah, Chloe used to talk about you all of the time." I chuckled. Chloe's face reddened.

"Wow Rachel, only two minutes of being together again and you're already being a bitch," Chloe teased.

"You love it." I gave her the middle finger. Max laughed.

Chloe and I sat beside each other on the bed, and fingers intertwined, and Max leaned against the dresser.

"I guess we've got a lot to talk about, huh?" I said with a small grin.

Chloe scoffed. "That's putting it mildly."

"I'll go sit in the truck for a while so you guys can talk." Max cleared her throat and stood up straight.

"You can stay if you want," I looked at her.

"Yeah Max, you're a big part of this too." Chloe agreed with me.

"No, it's fine. You can just get me when you're done." Max insisted, and left.

Chloe and I both sat together for a moment, still shocked about being together again.

"Where should I start?" I asked with a shrug.

"Frank." Chloe's face had a grim expression on it, her mouth set in a hard line and her forehead wrinkled.

Frank and I had a....relationship, and I had hoped Chloe would never find out about it, because I knew she would not approve. Frank isn't going to be a part of my life anymore, he's just a part of my past.

"Oh." I said softly. "So you know?"

"Yeah. I stole your bracelet from him." She raised her wrist to show me my blue, braided bracelet that I've had my entire life.

I chuckled. "Same old Chloe." She forced a smile. I knew she would be upset when she found out about Frank. That's why I never told her about him.

"At first, I liked him. He was sweet, and I thought he was good for me." I began, looking at Chloe worriedly. She looked a bit appalled at the mention of him being sweet.

"Then, after a while, we got in a lot of arguments. He'd get mad, and yell and throw things, and I'd get mad, and scream, and cause a scene. I ended up just using him for drugs in the end." I explained.