Chapter Nine: Girlfriend

Song(s) that inspired this chapter: Safe And Sound by Taylor Swift and Back To You by Selena Gomez

Rachel's P.O.V

"This place hasn't changed." I chuckled as I looked around the familiar junkyard.

"Nope." Chloe shrugged with her hands shoved into the pockets of her jeans.

"Good." I grinned. "When I was here to hide the letter, I didn't have much of a chance to look around."

"Now's your chance. Want a beer? I have a case in the shed." The blue haired punk offered, jabbing her thumb in the direction of the small concrete shack.

"Sure. I'll come with you." I linked my arm through hers. "You are the junkyard queen after all, I should be getting stuff for you." I teased.

"Oh yes, my loyal subject." Chloe rolled her eyes, and bumped me with her shoulder.

"All hail queen Chloe, ruler of junk!" I joked, bumping her back.

"We get it Amber, you just wanna get on your knees for me." Chloe wittingly shot back.

Chloe always has the best comebacks, although a lot of the time, they're dirty. I don't mind though, I think it just makes it even funnier. I've missed Chloe's dark, dirty humour.

"Chloe, you perv!" I swatted her arm gently and laughed.

We entered the concrete shed, and things were all strewn around in a big mess, which I could only assume was Chloe's.

We sat down, and Chloe handed me a beer. For the first few sips, we were quiet. "Hey, Rachel?" Chloe broke the silence.

"Yeah?"

"I want to talk more about...Frank and Jefferson. If you're comfortable." She quickly added the last sentence.

"Are you sure you want to hear about it?" I asked her, arching an eyebrow.
I know that Chloe's always had a thing for me, and to be honest, I've felt it too. With Jefferson and Frank, I was naive, and I wanted to explore my options, which I now know was stupid.

"Y-yeah." Chloe nodded, and then took another swig of her drink.

I sighed, then began to explain.
"A few months before...I disappeared, I was walking around at night to clear my head after an argument with James. I was going to sneak to your place, but I bumped into Frank. He offered me a ride, and  I got in. We got high together, and then...well, we started hooking up for the next few months." I was watching Chloe worriedly during my entire explanation, but she sat there, stony faced, like a statue. Impossible to read.

"At first, I thought I loved him. I realize now, it wasn't love. I was in love with the idea of being in love with someone, if that makes sense." I continued. "Then, I met Mark, Mr. Jefferson. I'd model for him, and I developed feelings for him. We never did anything, though. I went to the Vortex club party with Nathan. We were having a good time, and he got me a drink. Then...you know what happened afterwards."

"You chose Frank over me?" Chloe sounded hurt, and she asked through gritted teeth.

I frowned and hugged her tightly. She didn't hug me back, her arms hung limp at her side and her beer was on the ground.

"No Chloe, that's not it." I shook my head and grabbed her face in my hands. "Before you could love anyone else, you needed to love yourself. You weren't ready, but I think Max helped you. You've gone through so much traumatic shit, and learned so much about yourself. You've matured. I love you Chloe. I came back for you, not him. I haven't even seen him."