1

(TW-Abuse, Blood, Death)

Virgil Beaute was currently on the floor of his cottage bedroom crying silently as he gripped his shirt so tight his knuckles were white. His tears mixed in with the oozing red that dripped down from his eye and lips. It was straining his rug but at that moment he didn't care. He gasped loudly as this crash sounded outside his locked door. Screams echoed in his mind. Every word his father said... every statement of accusation and hatred... he had it all memorized. 

He pushed himself up against the wall only to jump and try to hold back his cries as his father punched the door in an attempt to get in. Virgil stumbled his way to the closet hiding behind his many close and boxes not bothering to shut the door. This was routine. Even if the door was locked the man was terrified of his father busting through. So he hid... just in case. 

He sat there clutching his hair as he sobbed silently. Not even a wolf could hear his tears as they dripped onto the ground. This was his life. He'd gotten used to it. After his mother... there really wasn't anything for him to fall back on to. His mother was the sweetest. And yes I guess this is that typical trope... His mom was an angel and his Father worse than death. Before she died she taught him how to be kind. She raised her son to be soft and caring just as all young boys should be. Respectful and polite. A true beauty inside and out... unfortunately, his father didn't approve.

Now she's dead and he's forced to deal with his father cruelty of full blast. He's shut himself away and turned against everything. He hadn't had much of a choice. His father expected someone strong and aggressive. Someone... not like him. Virgil had lost everything in one night. His mom... His hope... Himself.

Not how you were expecting this story to start out huh? I bet you thought I was going to say he was the prettiest boy in the village. If you asked him... He's not. Or maybe I'd start the story off with a beautiful scene, like a young boy singing softly by a beautiful river. That young boy was out there. Many many years ago...

A small boy smiled brightly as he picked flowers and sang. His voice was light as soft much like his mother who sat there watching with a fond expression. The boy giggled as he sent the petals floating down the river.

"Momma..." The boy sighed happily as he watched them drift off. "Do you think Father would like some flowers when he comes back?"

"I'm sure he would..." The boy looked over only to frown in confusion at the fear in his mother's eyes. 

"Momma?" His mother jumped up real quick gesturing for him to stand behind her. He did just as a laugh tore through the place. The young boy tensed up as he peeked around her to find this scary woman standing there with bright glowing red eyes. Scales traveled down her face making the boy shiver. It was a dragon witch.

"You are trespassing. Be gone or I will be forced to..." The boy cried out as his mother dropped to her knees. Blood slowly pooled around her as her head hit the ground and the witch pouted with a laugh.

"You'll what? No answer?" Her eyes gleamed dangerously as they met with the boys. "Didn't think so."

"My father will kill you. He won't rest until." The boy screamed as his body froze up feeling as if something was constricting him. The witch just smiled as she moved in real close. "You will die."

"The kings already dead, boy." His eyes shot wide as tears fell from them with no end in sight. "Your mother and your father... their both dead. There's no one here to save you..."

"You will still die." The witch paused for a second noticing this fire in the boy's eyes. "If not by them... or by me, you will die. Wicked creatures always die."

"Wicked huh?" The boy glared as he struggled to moved, his body refused to listen. 

"You're a monster... a beast." Her eyes flared as the boy screamed and dropped to his knees.

"A beast am I? For hunting down and killing those you've wronged me?" She towered over him with this look in her eyes as this green fog wrapped around her hand. "They killed my love and left my son without a father yet... I'm a beast for getting my revenge."

"You killed my parents." The boy growled as the witch smirked. She whipped her hand out sending the fog at him. She watched as the fog entered his mouth filling his lungs till he choked unable to breathe. His eyes went wide as more tears fell. She smirked wider as his eyes started to go golden shifting till they looked more canine and laughed. 

"Well... beastie." She knelt down putting her finger to the boy's chin and forcing him to look up at her through the pain. "I'll give you a chance... a life." The boy's eyes filled with fear as his blood started to boil. "Not many will stand up to me. I find that fire... admirable. I hope to see you... flourish under my gift."

"Gift?" A man stood there staring at his reflection many years later with golden eyes and laughed. "What gift?" The man screamed forcing his foot the mirror shattering it on impact. "It's a fucking curse." The man just continued to laugh as he broke down, falling to his knees despite the bits of broken glass. "And I will never be rid of it... I'll never be free." His eyes darted over to a painting and he growled. It was of him when he was younger and his parents. He lashed out taring it to bits as he struggled to regain composure. "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"