57

AN~ Just a reminder that you can leave prompts and suggestions for what I should do for this book. I'm more than willing to write whatever you guys might want to see just uh... Keep in mind, I've already established Virgil as an alpha and Roman is an omega.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Virgil smiled as he watched his love sleep beside him. The sun had long since risen through the sky but he couldn't make himself part from his mate. He gently brushed his hand through his love's hair before caressing his cheek and smiling over a lack of fever. It must have broken during the night while they slept.

"Mmmn... My love." Roman hummed softly as he leaned into Virgil's hand, who giggled softly over the action. "G'mornin'."

"Good morning." Virgil responded with a lull that made Roman smile even more. "How do you feel?"

"Tired still. Very tired." Roman yawned as he snuggled further into his blankets making it clear he wasn't getting up anytime soon. "Sore too... obviously, but..." Roman's eyes fluttered open a bit seeing how softly Virgil was smiling at him, making his heart race. "I feel much better than I have for a while, My love. I feel good. Feel... loved. I think I'll be ok."

"Your fever broke." Roman's eyes widened a bit as Virgil brushed his thumb over Roman's cheek. "So as long as you're feeling ok... I'll be inclined to believe you."

"I am. I'm feeling much much better. Just really sore and tired." Virgil chuckled lightly as Roman yawned again with a slight rumble in his chest. "'m sleepy still."

"Then go back to sleep, Love. It's ok." Roman smiled as he started to close his eyes only to stop and glance back up at Virgil with a worried look. "What?"

"When's the last time you were outside?" Virgil froze up as Roman frowned more in concern. "Virgil?"

"I was outside. I had to be to ask the wolf for help and then when I was waiting for Log-..."

"You know what I mean, Virgil." Virgil sighed as Roman whined sadly. "Please tell me you at least got some time out there." Roman just deflated as Virgil shook his head. "I know I was clingy but..."

"Other than those two times... I was far too concerned over your health to risk leaving. You didn't force me to stay indoors, Ro. It wasn't your fault." Roman just whined again as Virgil smiled sadly. "I'm ok. I promise. I'm... I'm a little down but It hasn't gotten to me much. I was planning on going out as soon as you were better anyway."

"Well, I'm better."

"Roman..."

"No, Virgil." Roman huffed making Virgil's eyes snap over to him in surprise. "I am better. Right now I need you to focus on your health. Go for a walk or something. I'll be ok. As long as your safe, just... Don't go alone. Take a wolf with you please." Virgil nodded as he bent down and gave his love a soft kiss. "Just stay safe."

"I will. I promise. I'll see you when I get back, ok?" Roman purred, slowly falling back to sleep as Virgil got up and stretched. "Sleep well, My prince."

Virgil sighed as he slowly made his way through the woods. He was walking alone but he could feel the wolves around him watching to make sure he was ok. He didn't even have to ask them. They could sense Roman's worry and took to guarding Virgil as his mate had wanted. He couldn't help but smile. His whole life he's felt so scared of everything, but here he was in the wood surrounded by wolves and... He felt completely safe. 

"Shit." Virgil froze up, eyes shifting immediately the second he heard the unfamiliar voice. A gunshot rang out sending a small whimper into the hair and Virgil's blood curdled. "Damn wolf." He growled filled with rage as his magic flurried around him. How DARE someone hurt one of his pack! The wolves in these woods were his and he refused to let ANY of them come to harm. "Where'd that mutt go?" 

"Chase them out." Virgil growled out as several wolves stepped out of the tree line and bowed to him. "I want them OUT of my woods." They ran past him barking and growling out making the hunters scream and run off. Virgil's eyes darted around smelling blood. "Now where..." There was a small whimper and Virgil's head darted over to see this small bundle of fur carefully make his way out of a bush. His eyes softened seeing the tiny runt pup, too terrified to even look up at him, limped out just a bit further before freezing. Virgil's entire body went completely rigid at the realization... it wasn't just a wolf they had shot... but a helpless pup. He partially shifted before even his brain had realized and crouched down onto the dirt with a small purr drawing in the scared baby's attention. 

"Hey there, little. It's gonna be ok." Virgil's eyes glowed brightly as he held his hand out making his aura flux enough for the pup to sense he was an alpha. The pup's eyes widened as Virgil smiled and let his scent fill the air adding a sense of calm the poor thing needed the most right now. "I'm gonna help you ok, but you have to come here and let me." The puppy whimpered as Virgil cooed softly, heartbroken at the sound of it. "It's ok, little one. I won't let that mean ol' human's hurt you more." Virgil watched as the poor thing limped horrible, making his way over to him. It rubbed up against him and curled up, tail tucked tightly to him as he balled up so sadly. Virgil gently ran his fingers down its fur making his whine in terror. After a few moments, he gently moved to pick it up, not for one second minding as it nipped at his fingers anxiously. "It's ok. I'm not gonna hurt you. I promise."

"I know you're there." Virgil spoke softly as to not scare the pup more while glancing out into the woods to see one last wolf watching to make sure he was guarded still, as Roman had wanted. Virgil smiled seeing how much his wolves cared for the two of them. "Thank you for your diligence." The wolf nodded as Virgil slowly stood himself up cradling the baby in his arms protectively. "If I could ask one last favor... Can you and some others please go around to the wolves of the woods and see if any mothers have recently lost any of their young? The last thing I want is for any mother to worry about her child. Please inform me if you find her so that I may return them as soon as they are healthy enough to." The wolf just tipped softly before turning away and running off with the rest of them. Virgil smiled as he tucked the pup further into his hoodie, genty and repeatedly scratching at its scruff, feeling as it shivered fearfully. 

"Now let's get you home and tend to that leg of yours." Virgil sighed as he started making his way home. He knew he would have blood stains on his clothes and he could already imagine the panic Roman will have at the sight of it but... Virgil couldn't just let the pup go knowing it's back leg had been shot. He just couldn't do it. "You poor thing... Don't worry. We'll take care of you."