47

Virgil stood there in the bathroom staring at himself in the mirror. He gripped the sink tightly as he growled. Why did they have to bring it up? He didn't want Roman freaking out again. He didn't want Roman to... Virgil's eyes shifted as his hair rustled about. He glared at his reflection seeing the partal ship take form but... nothing else. He couldn't make it go any farther. Virgil sighed as he ran his hands through his hair chuckling lightly as he felt his wolfish ears twitch. Right now the most he could make himself look like was... an Inu? Is that what there called... some sort of wolfish Neku. He really didn't now.

"You're very strong. You know that, Kiddo?" Virgil jumped as he looked over to see Patton leaning against the door frame. He slowly walked in and closed the door watching as Virgil curled into himself a bit. "The fact that you can even do that already... I've been marked for so long now and all I can do it... well this." Patton's eyes changed as small patches seemed to show up around them. Virgil's eyes went wide as Patton just laughed. "What? Were you expecting something else. Nah. This is me." Patton beamed as he stuck his tounge out playfully to the younger. "Full on Kermit-ment. Ask away. Don't be shy. I promise I won't lie. I might be amphibian but I won't be a fibben."

"Why a frog?" Patton just shrugged as he moved to sit on the closed toilet, shifting back to normal since he really didn't have much of a form at all right yet. Virgil was far more along then he was. 

"Why a wolf?"

"I just... assumed because it was Roman and... Roman's a wolf." Patton shook his head as Virgil slowly sat down on the tub, his olf ears twitching a bit as they dropped a bit in anxious confusion. 

"As Janus explaned it, a every witch has a form they will latch on to, Kiddo. You latched onto a wolf for a reason and it wasn't because of Roman. Otherwise I'd be a snake... not a frog." Virgil's eyes narrowed as he frowned trying to take it all in. "As I've said before, you are incredibly strong too. You already have so much of your form already in focus. Golden eyes, black fur... I can tell you're going to make a VERY adorable wolfy, Virgil." 

"I don't care about that, Patton. I just..." Virgil sighed as he slowly but surely shifted back to normal and frowned as he got up to stare at himself again in the mirror. His hair had once again darkened and Virgil was starting to get nervious. It wasn't an instant change, but Virgil knew his hair was turning black. It was almost there anyway, yet Roma hadn't noticed... no that's a lie. Roman always seemed to notice when his hair darkened but he didn't mention it. He just... gave him this look of confusion. "I don't want Roman to get upset." Patton's eyes darkened with this question in his eyes that made Virgil shake his head no instantly. "He's not like that Patton. I swear. He's not... He's not like my..." Virgil clammed up as he just shook his head again making Patton frown. "Roman feel really guilty about it." He pressed his fingers into his mark and smile as he shrugged, hugging himself a bit as he looked over his reflection again. It seemed the tick Roman had over his reflection passed over to Virgil, all though for two entirely different reasons. Roman had hated what happened to him. Where as Virgil... Virgil loved it. "I don't want him to get hurt again. He panicked so much over it. He thought he hurt me, Patton, and it broke him. I don't want him to go through that again."

"You need to tell him, Virgil." Virgil frowned as he hand dropped seeing as Patton stood up and gently pulled him into a hug. "He needs to know."

"He does... just not about the form... and most of my powers I guess. No... he doesn't know." Virgil sighed as he just deflated more. "I've been limiting what I share with him, I guess. It's just... He found out about the telekinises thing and the wolves but... Patton, it broke him. I don't want to hurt him more."

"Virgil..."

"If he found out I did have a form... that I was a wolf like him... That I had ears and a tail and all that... Patton he'd break down. He'd think he cursed me. I can't let that..." Patton's gripp tighted as his hands went to the youngers wrist making Virgil snap and freeze up. Patton just smiled as he shook his head. 

"Virgil, he NEEDS to know." 

"But... but he... I..."

"Do you love him?" Virgil tensed as he nodded making Patton's smile deepen. "Then you have to tell him. It's only going to do more damage if he doesn't know the full extent. Virgil... You are a wolf. Not only that. You are an ALPHA wolf. You are so strong. I wouldn't be surprised if you finally get a full form soon and just... It's hard to block out your animal urges, Virgil. Even I have some, albeit weak... and mines no where near yours. Kiddo... You're going to need help. He can't elp you as your mate if he doesn't know."

"I don't want to hurt him."

"You'll hurt him way worse if something happens to you." Patton brushed the youngers hair back with a soft smile as Virgil teared up. "Please? Please, tell him."

"I'll... I'll try." 

"That's my dark strange wolfy son." Virgil chuckled as he rolled his eyes before Patton opened the door gestured for him to follow. "Now let's go Janus just told me we've been gone for awhile and Roman's getting very... ansty."

"How did he..." Patton giggled as he tapped his forehead a bit.

"Mate bond, Virgil. Don't worry, you two will learn about it all. AND... you can always ask us any questions you have." 

"Thank's, Pat." Virgil smiled happily as the two slowly made their way back to the livingroom. The second Virgil spotted Roman he could tell just what Patton meant by ansty. Virgil smiled softened more as he walked over and gently brushed his hand against Roman's arm. The other wolf latched onto him instantly before he even looked up and registured it was Virgil. "Are you ok?" Roman's hands were shaking but the smile he had as he finally noticed who it was made his whole face light up.

"Yea." Roman growled out a bit softly. "I am now. I'm sorry. I just... I didn't know what you were doing and... I know you were safe obviously. Nothings going to happen while where in my brother's home but... I just.. I... I got scared with all that happened with that one guy. I couldn't relax."

"It's ok, Ro. I understand." Virgil glanced around seeing everyones worried glances before he turned back to his love with soft sigh. "Why don't we go home." Roman frowned before nodding a bit and shoot his brother an appoligetic look.

"Please... I think... I think I've been away for long enough."