50

AN~ Just a reminder that you can leave prompts and suggestions for what I should do for this book. I'm more than willing to write whatever you guys might want to see just uh... Keep in mind, I've already established Virgil as an alpha and Roman is an omega so yes... Bottom Roman lolz (I'm only reminding because I've gotten a few Bottom Virgil suggestions and that wouldn't quite fit given he's an Alpha) I will be putting this message at the top of every update until requests close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here you go, Love." Virgil whispered softly as he placed a sandwich on the coffee table in front of the dazed wolf. Roman didn't even seem to notice the plate at all. He just latched onto Virgil the second he sat down beside him. "Roman, you have to eat."

"Eat?" Virgil nodded as Roman's eyes narrowed in confusion. "Eat what?"

"The... Hold on." Virgil chuckled quietly as he grabbed the plate again making Roman whine over Virgil moving away from him. "Here." Roman frowned as Virgil put the plate in his lap before letting Roman lean against him again. "I made you a sandwich. It's not a lot and you'll need more later but this should help for the time being."

"I'm not hungry." Virgil's eyes darkened as Roman nuzzled into him. "I just want to cuddle."

"I promised we could cuddle all you wanted... AFTER you ate you something." Roman growled lightly as Virgil pressed a soft kiss to his cheek. "You promised you would eat."

"But... B-But I... I just..." Roman sighed as started at the plate with an almost childish pout. Virgil rolled his eyes as he wrapped his arm around Roman pulling him in against his chest so he could cuddle while he ate. The purr Roman made was clear as day as he gently rubbed his cheek against his love. "I love you."

"Roman. Eat."

"Fine." Roman groaned as he carefully picked up the sandwich with a slight hesitation. Even he could notice how his hands were shaking. He couldn't keep lying about it. He was hungry and very drained. He smiled slightly as he gave one last kiss to his love with a quiet purr. "Thank you." Virgil nodded with a small mile of his own as he watched Roman nibble on the sandwich. He didn't take any big bites but Virgil wasn't complaining as long as he ate it all.

"How are you feeling, Ro?" Roman hummed softly in response as he continued to eat making Virgil chuckle. "That wasn't an answer."

"I'm fine." Roman mumbled through his nibbles making Virgil laugh over how he couldn't even put the sandwich down to talk. "Just need cuddles."

"I've noticed." Roman nodded as he went back to eating nearly already halfway done with it all. "I wasn't like this when I was marked."

"Alpha." Virgil's eyes went wide as Roman purred and had to set the sandwich on the plate for a second. "You're an alpha. That's... that's what Janus said."

"I'm not entirely sure what that means." Roman shrugged as he leaned back into his love for a bit just basking in the contact. "And if I'm an alpha what does that make you?"

"Janus said something about me being an omega when you when to the restroom. I tried to ask what that was but I couldn't think about much other than that you weren't there and I got worried."

"Guess we'll just have to ask him when we get the chance." Roman smiled as he nodded only to laugh as Virgil tapped the plate again. "Finish eating ok, Love? I don't want you getting sick. Plus... If I can crash..."

"Oh." Roman's eyes shot wide as he jolted a bit in shock. "I didn't even think about that." Roman held his hand up noticing it was still shaking and his eyes darkened. "Don't worry, hun. I'll eat. I promise. I won't crash on you." Roman did as he said and started to eat again this time slightly bigger bites as Virgil smiled.

"Good boy." Virgil teased lightly but Roman just melted at the praise. "Thank you, Love." Roman hummed as he focused on finishing his sandwich. Virgil got up with a stretch making Roman whine in confusion. "I'll be right back, Love." 

Roman just watched as Virgil left the room and his heart seemed to drop. He swallowed the last of the sandwich with this bad taste of anxiety in his mouth as the seconds ticked by. He knew nothing wouldn't happen to Virgil. They were in their own home. It's was less likely for anything to happen here than it was for a wolf to cause them any more trouble. The issue was Roman wasn't exactly in his right mind.

"Virgil?" He called out as the haze over his mind slowly started to lessen. The food had helped quite a bit but he could still feel how his wolf itched to be with his mate. "Hun?" Roman tensed as he felt that need begin to crush him. "VIRGIL!"

"I'm here. I'm here." Virgil skidded into the room laughing as he held quite a few blankets making them all tumble to the ground. "Blanket Fort!" Roman sat there highly confused as Virgil giggled. "Let's make a blanket fort."

"A... a what?" Virgil just smiled giddily as he started to carry the blankets over to the other. "What's a blanket fort?"

"A fort made out of blankets..." Roman huffed in annoyance as Virgil teased him. "Here. You start moving things out of the way as I go get more blankets."

"But why..." Roman whined lightly making Virgil's smile turn a bit sad. "Can't I just like... Go with you. More hands and all that."

"Roman... " Virgil moved into position to move the couch and Roman's eyes widened. "Care to help me." The older quickly jumped up to help, pushing the couch back as Virgil stepped away with a smile. "Ok now move the table."

"On it."

"And then the chairs. Move everything away so we can have this big area." Roman nodded as he started to move the table not even noticing as Virgil tiptoed out of the room. As soon as he was able to he ran grabbing as many pillows as he could only to jump seeing Roman behind him with a sad look in his eyes. 

"I moved everything." Virgil's eyes widened as Roman scratched his arms. "I have magic, Virgil. I just used it to move it all."

"Ok. I should have realized you might do that." Virgil laughed as Roman's eyes only darkened. "Love, what's wrong?"

"Do you not want to be around me? Is that why you're trying to distract me?"

"Of course not, Roman." Virgil dropped all the pillows instantly as he pulled Roman in and kissed him lightly making the other purr and melt. He brushed Roman's hair back seeing the pain in his love. "I'm not trying to upset you. I'm trying to focus that mind of yours."

"Why?"

"I can tell your struggling, Ro. I'm trying to get you focused on a task to help calm you down." Roman frowned as Virgil gently caressed his cheek making the older lean into his touch. "Once we're done with the blanket fort, you and I will spend however long you want inside it cuddling."

"Cuddles?" Virgil nodded seeing that small smile return on Roman's face. "The forts to cuddle in?"

"The forts to cuddle in. So? Do you want to help?" Roman beamed as he quickly picked up all the pillows Virgil had dropped making the other laugh. "Ok. You go..." Virgil hesitated a bit before just shaking his head. "Follow me. I'm going to get more pillows. As soon as we have enough pillows and blankets we're going to build it ok?"

"Ok. Lead the way, Hun."