51

AN~ Just a reminder that you can leave prompts and suggestions for what I should do for this book. I'm more than willing to write whatever you guys might want to see just uh... Keep in mind, I've already established Virgil as an alpha and Roman is an omega. I will be putting this message at the top of every update until requests close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hun?" Virgil frowned as he gently placed the back of his hand to Roman's forehead, earning a slightly slurred whine. It's been about a month since Virgil had marked him and one thing they noticed was even though Roman's gotten a better handle over his need for affection the urge to be with Virgil didn't die out. He's just gotten better at not NEEDING to be with him all the time. Unfortunately... Now was not the case.

"Don't go." Roman whispered as Virgil pulled his hand away. The poor wolf panted as he grimaced in discomfort. "V-Virgil?"

"I'm right here." Virgil sat up in bed as he helped Roman into his lap cringing at the heat rolling off of the other. "You don't look well, Ro. How are you feeling?"

"Hot..." Roman lulled as he nuzzled into Virgil's chest. He let out a soft breath as he smiled just over the contact. 

"Should I call on Logan?"

"Don't leave." Virgil growled as his anxiety burned through him, this urge to protect his mate making it hard to stay where he was needed. "Stay with me."

"Can I at least go get you some water, Love? If your sick you need to stay hydrated." Roman literally cried as he held tight to Virgil's arm, his wolf twinging bad in him as he panted. "Roman."

"Stay with me."

"I need to get you..." Roman huffed loudly as he started to get up making Virgil freak. "What do you think you're doing?"

"If you're getting something..." Roman managed to hoist himself up with a small smile before giving Virgil this innocent yet defiant look. "... then I'm going with you."

"Roman..."

"I'm staying with my al... my ma... You. I'm staying with you." Roman bounced a bit on his heels as his smile grew. "I'm ok. See? I'm ok. You don't have to worry. We'll go together."

"Roman, your feverish and..." Virgil tensed as he took a deep breath of the air with a growl. "Your... Roman, I don't think you should be running around if you are unwell."

"I. am. fine!" The look Roman gave him clearly showed that was it and Virgil side with a sad look. "If you that worried about me, Love... then I'm more than willing to let you take care of me. The only stipulation I would ask for is that we remain together. I don't want to leave you for even one second."

"Ro..."

"My wolf is very clingy right now, Virgil. You will not change my mind on this." Virgil nodded as he followed suit and got up off the bed albeit far more hesitant than Roman was about it. "I'll stay with you ok? I won't do anything. I'll do what you say but... I stay with you. Please?"

"Ok." Roman lit up as Virgil smiled at him. "If it helps you to relax, rest, and feel better then I would rather you with me. Roman leaned into him purring loudly as Virgil gently led him out of the room towards the kitchen. Without any instruction, Roman sat down at the table, this far away look in his eyes. "Do you think you can eat anything, Love?"

"Virgil, I'm fine. Just... uncomfortable and... hot. That's all. I promise." Virgil frowned slightly as he pulled out a few things to make a soup. Roman's eyes lit up brightly seeing his love start to cut up some vegetables. He always did love Virgil's cooking. Then again Virgil is the only one besides Remus who's cooked for him since he was 8. "Soup?"

"I thought I would make something light since I know your lying." Roman paled as Virgil shot him a knowing look.

"I'm just... not hungry ok? That doesn't mean..."

"Your trying not to make me worried. I know you, Roman." Roman deflated as he just laid against the table with a sad pout. As Virgil placed the cut-up veggies into the boiling pot, Roman started to smile again just over watching his love work. Virgil was so careful and precise. He was gentle with everything he did but firm in his decisions. Sometimes Roman could just sit there and forget all about how this all started. Virgil had grown so much since they first met. He went from that shy mute kid scared of everything and anything, far too dependant to even think about doing something for himself... to the man before him who made his word spin round with just a simple look. God did Roman love him so much. "What are you purring about?" Virgil chuckled softly as Roman's purr only got louder the more he watched him. "Ro?"

"I love you." Virgil paused for just a second to see how dazed Roman was and he smiled softly.

"I love you too, Roman."

"After this can, we go back to cuddling on the bed?" Virgil nodded making Roman melt even more with a happy smile. "Yay..." He giggled lightly as Virgil sturred the soup. "Smells good already."

"Don't try to butter me up, Ro. I know what you're doing." Virgil teased with a smirk as Roman just laughed.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Virgil rolled his eyes as he grabbed some water out of the fridge and poured it into a glass. Roman watched every movement until Virgil handed the cup over to him, sitting beside him while they waited for the soup to be done. Virgil once again pressed the back of his hand to Roman's forehead making Roman stop dead and lean into him with a hum.

"Are you sure you're ok? I'm worried about your fever." Roman pressed a small kiss to Virgil's hand before just smiling as he sipped his water. 

"I'm perfectly fine, Virgil. I promise and see..." Roman giggled as he took another sip of his water. "I'm drinking just like you want. So I'll get better before you even know it. I probably just have a cold or something."

"Have you ever gotten sick before, Ro?" Roman hesitated slightly before shaking his head making Virgil frown.

"No, but... There's a first for everything right. Don't worry, Love. I'm sure it's nothing."