Part VI, Chapter 4: A Royal Reunion Awry

Felix leaned up, and blinked his eyes, stupefied. Indeed, the events that had occurred at his funeral had not only gotten his attention, but also that of a considerable crowd of angels. They all watched with such shocked faces as this slaying of a holy official occurred. Usually this was a time to weep. It was for this reason that Felix was so surprised, when everyone started doing the exact opposite. Excited chatter filled the air, as people reacted to what had just went on below.

Felix felt immense pride. His successor had so faithfully avenged him, as well as the kingdom in its entirety. "If only they were here to see this," he lamented, hanging his head. "May they be watching from Heaven. Oh, wait! That's what I'm doing!" the King put his palm to his face, as he where he was.

"You get used to it after a while," a gleeful wolf-angel passing by responded, walking away now.

It still took another few seconds for the lion to realize what was possible, but he suddenly widened his eyes, feeling a great rush of excitement. He nearly cried with the possibility, both in the joy if it was true and the fear that it wasn't. How? How would he do it? He looked around in confusion. Where would he go to do this? How would he see his most cherished companion again?

The answer slapped him in the face. An equine spirit, flapping around on a black-and-yellow striped set of wings, whinnied as he accidentally ran into the king. He was carrying a set of flyers.

"Oh, my apologies! Oh, let me pick those up for you," Felix now mewled.

"Your Highness! Why— I think they're for you!" the horse whinnied with a grin, reassembling the stack and handing a sheet to the king.

"A MOST HEAVENLY REUNION," Felix read to himself. "At the Valentian hall." He saw his own picture, and Ophelia's. "Lovers to meet again."

He set the sheet down, now feeling a twinge of disappointment, but also with an excitement unable to be diluted by it. Felix promptly rushed off to wherever this heavenly embassy was, eager to see what awaited him there.

Ophelia sighed, resting her own amber wings as she sat. A bright yellow halo shone behind her head. She had a few days ago received word that her husband had now died, in such a painful and frightening way.

Disappointing news. Now, though, she was ready, for something she figured she would be doing a long time from now, but needed to be done.

It was only a few minutes or so after when the time finally came, but for the Queen, it felt like eternity. The chatter reverberated up and around an archway which no man could build. Each nation of the world, past or present, had their own hall in the Kingdom of God, as a way for souls to remain patriotic as they wished. This, or to keep up with the affairs of these different nations, especially ones such as these.

A king and a queen were destined to reunite here, and take their thrones in this heavenly dominion.

Afon sighed, standing in the gilded hall, reminiscing on that fateful day. He was only getting used to this heavenly life, until he heard of an event that would warrant him heading back down to Earth for a visit. It was a strenuous process, but very much worth it, to give the King a good lesson. This wasn't the result he thought would occur, as the corgi hoped the lion would manage to rule with such a weight on his life. It was an unrealistic hope, he knew. Things happened as they did, those hasty decisions made and done, and there was no changing it now.

Soon, the trumpet rang out. It wasn't like any earthly trumpet, by any means. Instead of shrill and rasp, it was perfectly clear, with the literally heavenly echo the hall provided. Felix was presently escorted in by a few royal guards, after having found this heavenly temple of Valentia. They angels of Valentian mortal-origin, save for someone he recognized as soon as he saw him.