6. "Hurt me?"

WARNINGS: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

1966, Florida

You, Dylan, were sitting on the floor in the darkroom, playing barkochba.

"Is it an animal?" You asked.
"No. Although... sometimes." Dylan snickered. What can he think about?

"Then it's a person?" You asked worryingly, not having any clue what can be both animal and person at the same time. "Mmm. Is a boy?"

"Yap." You narrowed your eyes and looked suspiciously at him. Dylan couldn't hold back his laughter anymore. You just growled that you couldn't find out what was so funny. Then you got an idea.

"Is it you?" You pointed at him while he tried to catch his breath.

"Yass. You did it! Congrats." He lowered his head but kept snickering. He held his hand up so you could high-five.

"Muhaha. Then you are doing the washing up tomorrow!" You jumped up in victory and started to point at him and grinning.

"Okay. That's enough. Understood."

"Loser, loser, loser. You couldn't solve my mystery and I could yours and I'm just 10 years old!!" You continued teasing him by showing your butt to him. You threw a pillow at him, waiting and hoping for a battle. You turned away to pick up another pillow when he got up so fast you didn't notice it and he hugged you so hard you couldn't breathe. "Hahaha, Dylan. You are going to choke me to death." When he was done hugging and you finally could breathe, he started tickling you. "Dylan, stop....please..." You were about to pinch him when you heard a cry.

"Nice job, (Y/N). You managed to wake up Izzy with your irritating giggling." Dylan huffed.

"What? You were the one tickling me! It's not my fault." You crossed your arms in front of your chest and stomped your feet.

"Instead of blaming me help me chill Izzy down before our parents wake up! They won't care whose fault it was, you know that." He said in a serious tone making you shiver from the thought of waking them up. You rolled your eyes and went over to the bed where your sister usually slept.

"Well hello, Izzy Baby. Ssshh. Easy okay?" Your face was inches away from her red chubby face when you heard a door cracking quietly. You were terrified and grabbed Dylan's arm, but Izzy started to cry louder. "Honey. Shhh. Please, please stay silent." You began hinting little kisses on her forehead to chill her down but she just didn't stop. "Dylan, do something. You are the oldest and responsible."

"Now I am the smarter, huh?" He put Izzy into his arms and started humming a little song. From curiosity, you approached the door and tried to see something from the keyhole, but you couldn't see a thing. You fixed your hair which you adored to wear in two ponytails and went back to Dylan. Izzy was sleeping again and you relaxed, then the door opened and your father burst into the room.

"What did you do, you stupid kids? Why can't you look over your sister just for an hour, huh? You useless shits." He came closer to you, but Dylan jumped between the two of you and he got the punch. He fell on the floor and covered his face with his hands. He didn't cry. He never did. Due to the screaming and chaos, Izzy cried again. You rushed to her to calm her down, but your mother also appeared in the room.

"Look what you two have just done. You woke up your sister with your stupidity. I don't even know why we still allow you to go to school since you are this dumb!" She said while lighting a cigarette in the room.