05 | I love helping people anyway

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

A week had passed since Y/n's arrangement with Jungkook. A few hours ago, he texted the girl to set a date and location for their first tutoring lesson: Thursday, 7 p.m. at the library. Much to her disappointment, she heard that a soccer game would occur on Thursday night and wanted to attend, hoping to cheer for Hoseok's team.

However, she knew better than rejecting Jungkook's demand. Missing a game was a small price to pay to keep her secret safe.

Which takes us to Thursday evening. Sitting at a single table in the campus's biggest library, Y/n was patiently waiting for Jungkook, who was late. A few students were leaving the library, probably to watch the game, thought the (h/c)-haired girl.

"Why so pissed off, lover girl?"

The voice of said lover girl's current nightmare forced her to avert her eyes from the seemingly excited students. She sighed, fully facing Jungkook who took a seat right across from her.

"I'm missing the soccer game because of you."

At that, he chuckled. "Whatever, it's just a game. There will be more."

She rolled her eyes. Of course, there would be, but she wanted to go.

"Let's start," she simply said, opening an empty notebook. "What are you majoring in?"

Jungkook mimicked her actions, which surprised her a little. She expected him to show up with a complete lack of care, planning to listen to her explanations for a bit before suddenly announcing that he had to leave. Turned out, Jungkook was willing to give it a shot. For his own sake, he had to study thoroughly so that his parents would get out of his hair.

"Graphic design," he smiled. "Not to brag, but I really am talented!"

The girl held back a smile and nodded. "So, how can I help?"

He rested his face on his palms, elbows leaning on the table. "I can manage the specialized subjects, but I'll need your help with the core curriculum. English, History, Literature, and Maths."

Easy, she thought.

~ ♡ ~

An hour and a half later, Y/n decided to end the tutoring session. Surprisingly, Jungkook did great. Despite joking around from time to time, he paid full attention to her explanations. Tutoring him wouldn't be so bad after all.

"Thank you, lover girl," He said as both of them exited the library. "You're not so bad as a teacher."

For the hundredth time tonight, the girl rolled her eyes. "Don't get used to it. I might be mean

if you don't study properly."

"But I will!" She was now outside, witnessing a massive number of students chanting and celebrating. "Oh, looks like our team won."

Immediately, Y/n dropped her head low out of disappointment.

Jungkook cleared his throat. "Want me to walk you to the dorm?"

She shook her head no. "Thanks, I'm good."

He shrugged. "Suit yourself. And huh—sorry about the game." Taken aback, she looked up and allowed herself to smile. "Unfortunately for lover boy, no congratulation kiss tonight." This time, she frowned. "He'll have to look for another girl. Oh, should I give him a hand? I know a bunch of hotties who'd die to be—"

"Idiot." Y/n interrupted him and walked away, still hearing his enraging laugh from behind. "Go to hell!" She groaned and earned nothing but loud laughter.

When she got back to the dorm, she noticed Hana standing in front of her door. She quickened the pace, curious to know the reason for her presence.

"Hey, did we have plans?" she asked unsure, but her friend shook her head. "Oh, do you need something then?"

~ ♡ ~

The next day, Hoseok bumped into Y/n as he was running late for class. He apologized and helped her pick up her stuff before leaving in a hurry, not without a sweet smile and a wink.

Throughout the day, Y/n kept thinking of this moment, completely obsessed with the boy. Until she met him again in the hallway. Only this time, he was with a friend she knew.

"Hey Y/n," he flashed her a cute smile. "Sorry about this morning. I wasn't watching, and—"

She raised her hands in the air to cut him off. "No worries, you apologized already."

His friend—who began to feel like a third wheel—cleared his throat. Y/n suppressed the urge to shoo him away for ruining the moment she could have alone with Hoseok.

"Hi Taehyung," she tried to sound as enthusiastic as she had been with Hoseok.

He smirked. "Hey Y/n!" It sounded like he was mimicking Hoseok, but she ignored him and forced a smile.

"Were you at the game last night?" the latter asked, making her feel bad.

"I couldn't make it." She shook her head, addressing him an apologetic smile. "But I heard you won. Congrats, guys!"

Congrats, she internally screamed, what the hell?

"Thanks!" Taehyung exclaimed. "You should totally come next time!" he winked.

Now, Taehyung was being weird. Why was he teasing her all of a sudden? Y/n couldn't think of a single time they had spoken; she was even sure it was her first time really talking to him. There was no reason for him to tease her that much. Unless...

"Yeah, you should!" his friend agreed. "By the way, Tae told me you tutor one of his friends!"

Y/n tilted her head to the side, looking at Taehyung himself. His boxy smile had a whole new meaning. Was he friends with Jungkook?

"Huh, yes?"

Jungkook—who had the love letter in his possession—was freaking friends with Hoseok's best friend? Her mind went blank. What were the odds? It was highly possible that Hoseok knew about her feelings, and it terrified her.

"You're really nice," Taehyung said.

She pursed her lips, anxiously waiting for Hoseok to speak.

"So, you know I have to maintain proper grades to stay in the soccer team," he started, fidgeting his fingers like a child. "There's one class I'm failing; Literature." Y/n's heart skipped a beat. "Knowing your taste for creative writing, I thought you could help me out after classes?"

She blushed, secretly going nuts since he actually remembered that. A huge grin drew itself on her face, causing Hoseok to scrunch his nose at how cute she looked.

"Definitely!" she exclaimed. "I love helping people anyway, so..."

As Hoseok thanked her, she noticed Kim Taehyung addressing her a mischievous smile. He knew for sure. She managed to ignore him, but the thought of it made her want to kill Jungkook with her bare hands.

✭☆