08 | You're a friend of Y/n, right?

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

"You're clearly annoyed. Please, tell me what's going on?"

The student glared at the boy, then shifted her (e/c) eyes to the pile of books she had carefully selected for the tutoring lesson with Jungkook.

"Are you seriously sulking right now? In the middle of a tutoring session?" he insisted, sounding annoyed.

In the end, she released a heavy sigh and placed her pen down, ready to get it off her chest. She had to tell him eventually; might as well be now.

"Let's talk about your friend Taehyung," Y/n spat, faking a smile.

Jungkook gulped; his body tensed at the mention of his friend. "What about him?"

"I think you know." The boy forced a laugh.

"I thought you were the straightforward type."

She ignored his comment. "You promised you wouldn't tell anyone!"

"Taehyung won't tell him; I trust him with my life."

"But I don't!"

"You don't even know him."

She frowned. "Oh, I do. And it gives me a valid reason to disapprove of your actions. You should've kept your mouth shut."

The two of them were now loudly whispering, unable to contain their growing anger. On one hand, Y/n couldn't believe he had the stupid idea to reveal her secret to Hoseok's best friend. On the other hand, Jungkook grew frustrated because he knew Taehyung would never tell Hoseok.

"Why did you even tell him?"

Jungkook sighed. "Because!" he groaned as he realized he had no proper excuses. "We were talking about Hoseok, and it crossed my mind."

"So, you thought it'd be a good idea to tell him, considering Hoseok is literally his other half?"

"Other half?" the black-haired frowned.

The girl shrugged. "That's what Taehyung wrote on his Instagram."

"You're stalking his social media accounts?"

Just like that, the tension fell, and Y/n playfully rolled her eyes as Jungkook snickered.

"Of course I do. Why do you think the Internet exists?"

He smiled. "I can think of a thousand reasons that don't include stalking your crush."

She smirked. "I'm sure someone does it for you."

"Oh," Jungkook gave her a cute yet cocky smile. "you think someone has a crush on me? How nice of you!" His act made her laugh.

Instantly, the boy cleared his throat and put on his serious face.

"I am sorry." Y/n tilted her head to the side, shocked to hear him apologize so easily, though she deserved it anyway.

"You're kind of nice, so I don't want you to get heartbroken. The reason I told Taehyung is because I want him to gauge Hoseok. Like I said, I trust him with my life, and I can promise you, without a doubt, that he won't reveal your secret."

Even if she didn't know Jungkook so well, it was pretty obvious that he was being genuine. He wouldn't lie, especially not over such a meaningless thing. Hence, she chose to trust him.

"Fine, I believe you. But please, just stay out of it. Still, I appreciate the help." A small smile crept up her face. "Now back to work! I don't want you to ask for an extra hour."

With a smug face, the young man chuckled. "Right. As if you wouldn't want to spend more time with me."

~ ♡ ~

Min Hana was a kind girl. She had trouble expressing her emotions, especially the positive ones, but it didn't make her any less sensitive. On the contrary, she was a big softie on the inside. Only her friends and family were aware of that, and she'd gladly prefer it to stay that way.

Lately, though, she had a hard time containing her caring side with one particular boy around: Jungkook. She sighed at the thought of him. It was true that many students had, or still had, a crush on him. He was kind, funny, sometimes cocky and arrogant, but it added to his charms. His natural beauty made it hard for people to look away. Having occasional interactions with him didn't help; Hana knew it very well.

Was she in love? She wouldn't exactly say that. However, she did have butterflies in her stomach whenever the boy was around. It was also true that his stupid jokes caused her to giggle like some smitten teenager.

Again, she sighed. How was she supposed to understand how she felt without the help of her friends? She believed the girls would make fun of her if she ever mentioned it; she couldn't talk to them. And confiding in her brother was no use, considering Jungkook and him were close.

In the end, poor Hana remained lonely. Her only hope was to figure things out with Jungkook himself.

~ ♡ ~

Jihyo was busy filling her empty bottle with water when all of a sudden, Jung Hoseok approached her. Because she tended to be shy with people she had never spoken with, her cheeks turned red when the usually bright boy called her name.

"Y—yes?" She shut off the water.

Hoseok slid both hands into the pockets of his shorts. "You're a friend of Y/n, right?" He asked, unsure.

The brown-haired girl bit her lip to contain the growing excitement. She cleared her throat, answering with a simple nod. The boy breathed out.

"I have a question, but I'd appreciate it if you kept it to yourself."

Jihyo was even more curious. "Depends. What is it?"

The young male cleaned off the few drops of sweat on his forehead. "Please. I swear it's nothing bad!"

The girl sighed in defeat, endeared by his pouty face. "Alright, I won't say it."

"Promise?" The childish grin he had made it hard for Jihyo to refuse.

"Fingers crossed!"

Hoseok sighed in relief. He looked around, making sure no one he knew could hear them. Then he leaned toward Jihyo, brows furrowed, and heart beating fast due to apprehension.

"Is Y/n single?"

✭☆