23 | I wanted it to last forever

Jungkook's lingering smile caused the (h/c)-haired woman to emit a soft chuckle. All of a sudden, she was seized by a ridiculously high amount of excitement mixed with the alcohol in her blood. That led her to be bold and take advantage of the current situation. As she looked up and met the man's intense gaze, her heart started to beat faster. For a short moment, her own eyes remained fixated on his lips.

Y/n took a deep breath, then she broke the eye contact. "You wanted to tell me something..."

Her sweet voice sounded like a whisper, and Jungkook enjoyed it very much. "Yes," he simply answered.

The sun was down. The woman's body shivered due to the chilly breeze, wearing nothing but a dress.

"Here, want my jacket?" Worried, the man was about to remove his clothes.

Y/n stopped him. "I can handle it. So, what did you want to talk about?"

Instead of answering her question right away, Jungkook asked her something else. "Are you done with Hoseok?"

Jungkook randomly mentioning Hoseok for the second time was odd, completely unexpected to say the least. Nevertheless, the breakup came off as a blessing for both Y/n and Jungkook. The latter allowed himself to get his hopes up, considering the answer was pretty obvious.

As expected, Y/n agreed. "Yes. He broke up a few months ago." There was no use in sugarcoating the truth; she chose not to hold back and tell him everything. "He went abroad to train in order to become a professional soccer player. We were planning to get married at the end of his training, but he changed his mind last minute and decided that our relationship would be more of a burden than anything else."

The thought of Y/n's heart being broken saddened the black-haired male, yet he could not help but feel sorry for Hoseok who had lost a marvelous woman. "His loss," he simply said, allowing a grin to creep up his face. Anyone could tell Jungkook was satisfied. "Are you over him?"

Now, Y/n was amused. The playful Jungkook she used to know seemed to be back, shamelessly adopting a flirtatious behavior—which, in fact, didn't bother her.

"Are you expecting me to say I'm into you now?"

A spontaneous laughter came from Jungkook. He flashed his irresistible signature smile. "What would you say if I told you I was into you?"

Following those words, there was a sudden shift in the atmosphere.

『 READER'S POINT OF VIEW 』

As our eyes connected, I found myself drowning in his dark brown orbs. Jungkook took a step towards me, hovering over my figure and closing the distance between us. He cupped my face with one of his hands and buried the other one in my hair. For a while, he held my gaze without a word. The familiar presence managed to soothe me to the point that our surroundings had completely disappeared. A few seconds had passed until I was unable to hold back any longer.

I put my arms around his neck and pressed my lips against his. The kiss was tender and passionate, exactly like I imagined it. As Jungkook held me tight, our tongues moved in sync and caused my body to heat up. The hand that was cupping my face slid down my neck, caressing the sensitive skin. His chest was tightly pressed against mine, and I could feel his heartbeat racing as fast as mine.

At that moment, I was seized with a feeling of extreme blissfulness. In the span of a few minutes, the sour memories of our broken friendship and those times when I couldn't talk to him had vanished. As if it was my first kiss, I enjoyed every bit of it. Sharing this moment with Jungkook felt like a dream, and I wanted it to last forever.

But in need of air, I broke the kiss. We stared at each other for a few seconds, willing to enjoy the moment we had been longing for so long. After a minute, he let out a small chuckle. The way the corners of his eyes crinkled and his nose scrunched made it hard for me not to jump his bones right away.

"I take it you'd like it."

My lips curved into an amused smile. "Maybe I would."

He smiled back and leaned in, his eyes glued to my lips. "Can I kiss you again?"

Craving for his touch, I nodded. I closed my eyes, waiting for his sweet lips to reach mine, but they never did.

"Hey, they're about to cut the ca—oh my God! I'm so sorry!"

Suddenly interrupted by Jin's loud voice, Jungkook and I both took a step back. Instead of heading back inside and waiting for us, Jin walked towards us. He reached out his hand, introducing himself to the confused man before me.

"I'm Kim Seokjin, but you can call me Jin. Y/n is my employee." I rolled my eyes because he could have found a better way to describe our relationship. "She's like a daughter to me."

The black-haired man cocked an eyebrow, but still, he took Jin's hand and shook it politely. "Nice to meet you, I'm Jungkook. And..." he glanced at me and flashed a grin "Y/n is an old friend." I scoffed.

Because Jin knew everything regarding my relationship with Jungkook and the feelings I had for him, he chose not to ask any questions.

"Jungkook, Y/n," he snapped his fingers. "Off to the wedding hall; Jimin and Jihyo won't wait for us!"

Then he stormed inside, leaving us behind. With a sigh, I turned towards Jungkook. "Sorry about that... Jin is a bit extra, but he's adorable."

"Do I have to worry about him?"

I laughed. "Like he said, I'm like a daughter to him."

Once again, he lowered his head, placing his forehead on mine. "We didn't even have the chance to actually talk," he whispered.

I knew where this was going, and truthfully, I couldn't wait to taste his lips again. However, Jihyo would kill me if she noticed I wasn't in there. So, reluctantly, I gently pushed him back.

"Our friends are waiting for us!"

✭☆