18 | does he remember me?

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

『 READER'S POINT OF VIEW 』

"Is that supposed to make me feel better? I hate sports."

The man facing me rolled his eyes, not even sparing me a single look. "Trust me, you'll drop the attitude and thank me after your first try."

"Allow me to disagree. I'm not comfortable with the fact that you've bought me a year membership!"

My friend cocked an eyebrow, finally averting his eyes from his computer screen. He adjusted the pair of round glasses on his nose and sneered. "I'm loaded; so I can do it."

"That's not the point! I can afford that, but I don't need it." I placed the yellow membership card on his desk. "I appreciate the gesture, but I won't accept it."

This time, he didn't protest. "Fine." A heavy sigh escaped his mouth. "But I'm positive that letting off steam at the gym can help you."

Finally, I relaxed. "Don't worry, Jin. I promise you, I'm fine."

A genuine smile drew itself on my lips, causing my dear friend to relax as well. I knew he wanted to help, but I couldn't accept his present considering its high cost.

Jin rose from his seat and walked towards me. As usual, he looked perfectly neat. Not a hair out of place. "Have you eaten lunch already?"

I shook my head no. "That's why I came in the first place."

Kim Seokjin—commonly known as Jin—was both my superior and friend. We worked for a renowned publishing house in Seoul: Hwangmon & Co. I was an Assistant Editor, working under Jin's supervision, who happened to be the Commissioning Editor despite his young age.

I trusted Jin with my life to the point that he even had the key to my apartment in case something happened. Back to the day we first met, I remember being an absolute mess because of an argument I had with Hoseok. It was also my first day at Hwangmon & Co, so I tried hard not to show my emotions. Because of that, some coworkers thought I was cold and didn't want to approach me except for work. My first weeks in the company were painfully lonely. That was until I got transferred to Jin's team.

When we first spoke, I instantly liked him. They say a friend may be waiting behind a stranger's face. Well, those were exactly my thoughts at the time. I believe I was charmed by the way he would always joke around and tease our colleagues, mostly to lighten the mood and allow us to have a nice day at work. He was the kind of cheerful person who cared for others without necessarily knowing them. In some way, he resembled Hoseok.

"Thai or Chinese food?" he asked as we exited the building.

I shrugged. "Don't know; your call."

In the end, we headed to a local food restaurant. The place was packed, but we managed to find a table thanks to my rich and influential friend.

"So, did he call?"

Your passage is well-written, but I made a few minor adjustments for clarity and flow:

Looking through the menu, I shook my head. "I think I'll order a steak and some vegetables."

"Lol, what?" the man sneered. "Only foreigners order that in a local restaurant."

I rolled my eyes. "Hate to be the one to break it to you, but I'm, in fact, a foreigner."

He glared at me, soon interrupted by a waiter. Less than ten minutes later, we were enjoying our lunch.

As expected, Jin resumed the interrogation regarding my ex-boyfriend. "I'm surprised he didn't even call. I mean, that's the least he can do after dumping you in the middle of the air—"

Quickly enough, I interrupted him. "Let's not go there. He doesn't owe me anything. Also, I think it's better if we just don't interact at all; it makes it easier for me to move on."

There was a short pause during which my superior stared at me, visibly dying to say something. However, he refrained from speaking his mind and simply nodded in agreement.

"I don't want to talk about him anymore, okay?"

Again, Jin nodded.

Your passage is well-written! Here are a few minor adjustments for clarity and flow:

~ ♡ ~

On Saturday morning, I was busy feeding my dog when Jihyo called me. Rapmon barked as soon as I walked away from him to grab the buzzing phone.

"Guess who I met last night!" Jihyo excitedly clapped her hands, waiting for me to guess.

"Was it Jo–"

"Jungkook! I saw Jungkook!" she cut me off, catching me off guard with the sudden revelation. "Huh, Y/n? Are you still there?"

Quickly coming back to my senses, I cleared my throat and answered. Jihyo told me that Jungkook and Jimin were coworkers and friends, which explained why she saw him. To be honest, I had a hard time processing the news. Out of all people, Jungkook happened to be Jimin's best man. I couldn't believe my ears; I was about to see him after all those years.

Ever since Hoseok broke up, memories of our first date kept repeating in my mind. Because Jungkook and I were close at that time, I couldn't help but think of him as well. How is he doing? Does he have someone? Is he happy? Does he remember me? It had been so long since we last spoke; the reunion might be awkward.

I wouldn't say I wasn't excited to see him, but it was true it made me nervous. After all, he was the one who made the choice to stop talking to me five years ago. Although he never told me why, I was pretty sure the feelings he confessed to me had something to do with it. That's why I chose to let him be back then, ignoring my desire in the process.

Throughout the years, I was too busy planning my life with Hoseok that I hadn't really thought of Jungkook. Nonetheless, the old feelings that were buried deep inside could resurface anytime. If it wasn't for Hana, I wouldn't have hesitated to get closer to Jungkook.

"Did he remember you?" I asked expectantly.

"He did," Jihyo answered. "We spent most of the night drinking and catching up. He works for a renowned video game company, and he has released seven Webtoons. I've checked them, and they're pretty cool!" I smiled to myself because Jungkook had successfully reached his goal.

My friend kept talking about last night until it was time for her to go to work.

"One last thing!" she shouted, causing me to groan. "You're invited to a gathering tomorrow! Come to my place for lunch. Dress nice!"

Before I could speak, she hung up on me. With a heavy sigh, I placed my phone on the kitchen counter, then made myself some tea to relax.

✭☆