20 | how much I missed him

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

READER'S POINT OF VIEW

"We sure have a lot to talk about," I said when Jungkook sat on the chair across from mine.

The black-haired man nodded in agreement, stretching his long legs out.

The current situation was less stressful than I had imagined. I expected Jungkook to act cold and indifferent, but he did the exact opposite. It seemed like he was happy to see me, and the feeling was mutual.

"How long has it been? Five years?"

I nodded. "Five years, and you still look the same."

A heartwarming chuckle erupted from his mouth, causing me to smile as if I was watching a cute little child. "Can't fight you on that, but I'm taller."

"You are!"

He said nothing. Both of us fell silent for a while, taking in the pleasant view and the nice weather. Only a few minutes later, one of us dared to speak.

"Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we?" he said. "Back then, I got mad when you said you wanted us to stay friends. I couldn't understand why, considering you liked me too. I decided to wait until you came back from (y/country) to have a proper discussion, but it was too late. I heard from Taehyung that Hoseok and you were going on a date." He sighed, eyes glued to the floor. "I was jealous, but I had no right to be. You made it clear you wanted nothing more, but I couldn't bear seeing you with him. I had to make a decision, to choose what was best for me. You seemed happy with Hoseok, so I figured you didn't need me."

His confession confirmed my thoughts; I knew it already. But hearing it from him filled me with guilt. If only I had been honest and admitted I didn't want to hurt Hana, things would have been different. Less pain, less remorse, and perhaps more love.

Instead of fixing our friendship, I jumped into Hoseok's arms to forget about him. Of course, I loved the man, but my feelings were nothing compared those I used to bear towards Jungkook. Hoseok was the band-aid that helped me recover from the pain my old friend caused me, and I was finally able to move on.

But here I was five years later, finding myself being overexcited by his presence. I had no idea how he felt about me today, but the mutual attraction remained untouched. Although I wasn't ready to jump into another relationship so soon, seeing him caused the butterflies in my stomach to soar around. Until now, I didn't even realize how much I missed him.

"I don't blame you," I finally let out, looking him in the eye. "To be honest, I would've done the same. I am sorry, by the way, truly."

He shrugged and spoke. "What's done is done. It's in the past now; I don't hold grudges."

"Thank you," I answered.

"So, we're good?"

I smiled. "We're good."

For the second time, we stayed quiet. That was until Bibha appeared on the balcony with her vest on.

"If you need a ride home, it's now or never," she announced with her usual loud voice.

I threw a glance at Jungkook to measure his reaction. He rose from the chair, following us inside the apartment. He bade us goodbye and disappeared with Woojin.

~ ♡ ~

『 JUNGKOOK'S POINT OF VIEW

A week had passed since I saw Y/n for the first time after five years. Since then, I kept myself busy with work to avoid thinking of her too much. I worked part-time as a graphic designer for a video games company. I saved my free time for the writing and designing process of my webtoons—three of them being quite successful.

Thanks to my efforts, I was able to practice my dream job. My brother was proud of me, my friends as well. As for my parents, they were bitter about my professional choices. Nonetheless, I kept in touch once a month to make sure they weren't dead.

My life was falling into place, and I couldn't be more satisfied.

"Episodes ninety-four and ninety-five are ready, but I need to change some things in ninety-three."

Eunji, my agent, nodded while quietly inspecting the pages from my recent work. "So, Hungjin was a demon after all..." she mumbled.

My eyes were glued to her expressionless face, expectantly waiting for her opinion. Honestly, submitting my work to Eunji was my hardest task as an author. Although she was kind and supportive, Eunji tended to scare the hell out of me whenever she was dissatisfied with my work.

Minutes later, she gathered the scattered pages and slid them into the green folder she brought with her every time we would meet.

"Good. The readers will love it." The smile upon her face was enough to satisfy me. "Hungjin's character development? Absolute genius!"

Relieved, I let out a sigh. Eunji advised me a bit more until a waitress came to clear our table. My agent ordered another cup of coffee and a milkshake for me. She knew me so well!

"Now that we are done with work, tell me what's wrong."

Of course, she would notice. I couldn't hide anything from Eunji, and it was awfully annoying.

"Nothing's wrong." I feigned confusion, frowning as much as my brows could take it.

"Do I look stupid?"

I rolled my eyes. "Now now, you shouldn't be aggressive." Her cold and intimidating brown eyes were glued to my figure, confirming the power she had over me. In the end, I couldn't fight her. "Fine!" A heavy sigh escaped my mouth. "It's nothing big, just some personal issues."

"And?" she cocked an eyebrow.

"And, I do not wish to talk about it."

She nodded. "Your call. But beware—" there it was, the threatening aura I feared so much "If your big boy issues get to your head and spoil your work, I'll make sure to chop your—"

"Alright!" I interrupted her before it would become too graphic. "No need to get angry; I'll handle it."

Because they would remind me of Y/n and the good old days, I felt the urge to pay a visit to Yoongi and Namjoon at the studio. I needed to open up and voice my concerns, especially because they both knew how I felt about the girl.

I was glad I could see her, but it meant nothing because even after all those years, she was with Hoseok. I guess she still wouldn't need me.

✭☆