22 | perhaps it was time to confess

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

"God , you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen!"

The bride's flushed face caused her friends to smile endearingly. Indeed, Jihyo was breathtaking. Her long, dark brown hair was gathered in a neat high bun, allowing everyone to appreciate her beauty with just a glance.

Staring at her reflection through the vanity mirror, she smiled to herself. The big day had finally come; she was getting married to the purest and kindest man ever, her soulmate.

Around her stood the bridesmaids, contemplating her in awe. Jihyo shot a glance at each of them, filled with warmth at the thought of being friends with these women.

"I think I'm going to cry..."

In no time, Yeojon hugged her sister from behind to prevent her from ruining her makeup.

"It's waterproof, no worries!" The makeup artist joked, which allowed the bride to relax. "You're beautiful. Are you satisfied?"

The emotional woman smiled, eyes shining with excitement. "Thank you so much, Lola! You can go back to your wife; I'll see you after the ceremony." Said Lola nodded.

"Good luck!"

When Lola left, Jihyo cleared her throat. Carefully, she rose from her seat and stood before the bridesmaids. Sun gave the bouquet to the bride; then she took a few steps back to have a better look at her friend.

A proud smile crept up her lips. "Now I'm the one who wants to cry!"

Next to her, Bibha chuckled. "Looks like Hana beat you to it."

The girls looked in Hana's direction and noticed the tears flowing down her cheeks. Embarrassed by the sudden attention, the woman looked away while cursing under her breath. Everybody laughed.

At some point, Jihyo sighed. "I need to vent!" The bridesmaids were staring at her, gazes full of sympathy. "This is my last time talking as Ms. Choi, so I'll probably cry at the end." Her friends smiled softly, endeared by the woman's emotional state. "I'd like to thank you for being my friends. I love you so much, all of you. Yeojon isn't my only sister; you all are. I'm glad I can share the best day of my life with you, and I hope you'll make it memorable."

The four bridesmaids, the maid of honor, and the bride pulled each other into a warm and encouraging embrace; filled with love and support.

Before Jihyo could cry, her father knocked on the door. "It's time!" he yelled from the other side of the door. Shortly after, the bridesmaids made their way to the wedding venue to get ready for the ceremony. They met the best men and greeted them.

Y/n's elegant appearance caught Jungkook's eye right away, but he managed to hide the obvious attraction. If only he could tell her how gorgeous she was...