07 | He had her at hello anywa

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

When Y/n came back from the restroom, Hoseok was quietly sitting with his face resting on his palms. As soon as he saw the girl, a flash of concern crossed his eyes, and he sat up.

"You okay?"

She nodded and sat back across from him, compelled to look him in the eye. His features seemed to relax when her eyes met his, sending shivers down her spine.

"Sorry for rushing outside so suddenly." Y/n forced a laugh out her throat. "I'm feeling better now. Shall we get back to work?"

"Of course!"

Hoseok wasn't so oblivious; he could feel that something was off when he mentioned Jeon Jungkook earlier. But he knew better than making her uncomfortable, so he kept his mouth shut and made sure to ask again later.

~ ♡ ~

"Thank you again, Y/n! You're a lifesaver," the beautiful boy exclaimed when his classmate and him exited the classroom, finally done with tutoring. "Are you busy now?"

Y/n could feel her face get warmer. "Not really. I'm heading back to the dorm."

Full of expectations, she glanced at him and noticed a small smile creeping up his face.

"I have soccer practice. Wanna come and watch us?"

Was that really happening? Mighty Jung Hoseok invited her to watch him practice? Her heart couldn't bear more excitement. Quickly, she got her act together and succeeded in hiding her true emotions. With a light nod, she accepted. The boy seemed satisfied with her answer, causing her to be even more thrilled.

Since she had an hour left before the beginning of the practice, Y/n decided to go rest a little. Hoseok offered to walk her to the dorm. On the way, the red-haired male thought it was the right time to mention Jungkook.

"Huh, earlier when I asked you about Jeon Jungkook, you—"

Because Y/n didn't want to hear him remind her how weird her reaction had been earlier, she quickly cut him off with a forced smile.

"We aren't close." she shrugged. "Actually, I help him with his English. Why do you ask?"

Hoseok pursed his lips, averting his eyes from her figure. "Taehyung told me you guys were close."

She remained silent for a few seconds, processing what he had just said. Sooner or later, she will have to talk to Taehyung and ask him why he won't just mind his own business. Nevertheless, she wondered why he would say such things to Hoseok. Even weirder; the latter seemed actually bothered by Taehyung's lie. Was there a chance he might care?

It was his turn to shrug. "They're good friends. I never had the chance to share a proper conversation with him, but he seems like a nice guy."

She couldn't deny though, Jungkook wasn't mean. Actually, the image she had of Jungkook improved.