⚠︎ Chapter 11 ⚠︎

(Dys)functional
"Chapter 11"

⚠︎
Tony

"It's been an hour!" I call and Sara runs towards the bathroom giggling. I chuckle and give Toby some swim shorts to wear. "Sara, get back here you need your suit!"

The kindergartener runs back and I throw her over my shoulder. "Will you prepare the bath while I get her ready?" I ask Toby. "The bombs are in the cabinet."

"Yeah, I can do that." Toby grins and goes to my bathroom.

I carry Sara to her room. "Do you even have a bathing suit? I don't remember ever buying you one."

"Abuelita got me one."

"Oh, how nice." I find it and pull it out. "Alright, do you need help?"

"Yeah. I don't understand all the ties."

"Is this a bikini? You're fuckimg four!" I exclaim.

"Hey, I'm five! And I didn't even pick it. I wanted the shirt and trunks." She shrugs.

"Esa maldita mujer [That fucking woman]." I shake my head. "I'll get you one you want later." I tell her and help her undress then put the garments on her.

"What's wrong with bikis?"

"Nothin'. I love them. But you wanted something else." I shrug and take her hand. "Look away while daddy changes."

"I wanna see the stick!" She laughs.

"When you're older you can see one." I shove her face in the bed.

"Has Mr. Love seen it?"

"Mhm." I hide myself best I can and change quickly.

"I wish I had one." She hums. "Then I wouldn't be in the bed like this."

"I still wouldn't show you. The sticks are not for kids." I pull her off the bed. "What you got is amazing. It can give life."

"Yeah, but I can't pee far away."

I ruffle her hair. "That ain't the best thing in the world, kiddo. Promise."

"Okay. Some of the boys kick each other in the privates. I don't know why. Boys are weird."

I chuckle. "It hurts really really bad if you kick there. If you're ever attacked, do that."

"Okay. Can we see Mommy now?"

"Yeah." I take her hand and open the bathroom door, seeing Toby already sitting in a filled bubbly tub. Sara starts to go towards it when i feel a surge of panic, memories of the night Hannah took Sara into this very bathtub to drown her flooding back and I grab my baby, pulling her against my legs, eyes wide.

"Tony?" Toby asks before he freezes. "I'm going to stay right here, okay? You're in control."

"Daddy, what's wrong?" Sara asks.

I kneel amd pull Sara against my chest. I dont feel like I'm in my body, I feel like I'm back in that moment. I'm shaking. I'm terrified. I have to protect my baby. My baby girl.

"Tony, do you want me to drain the tub?" Toby asks softly.

"Toby?" I whisper desperately. "I'm... you're just Toby..."

"It's just me, Tony. But I'm staying right here, okay. I'm not going to come near her unless you ask me to."

"Sara, my baby, my baby." I hug her tight and feel myself slowly coming back. "My baby's safe. We're safe."