three

7:03 am

I thought about getting some breakfast from the cafeteria so that I was ready for my job later on, but after last night I wasn't not that hungry. So I decided to go to one of my hiding spots and read for a bit. There's this new book I was dying to start!

I grabbed my satchel from my closet and stuffed the book in there, as well as a guide on X-Wing's as I thought might come in handy. As I walked by the mirror I checked my outfit quickly. I was wearing black leggings, a white shirt and a beige cardigan that almost reached my knees. My shoes were just the plain black boots I wore all the time, practical and simple for my everyday tasks. I pulled the bag over my shoulder and headed out.

I normally walked the long way to avoid bumping into anyone but they should've all been at breakfast so I took the shortcut through the main area by the hangers. I didn't go there too much so as I walked I looked all around, seeing if anything had changed since I was last here. I forgot how big the Resistance base was seeing as I spent about 90% of my time doing my own thing away from everything, so I was kind of amazed at the scale of it all, and how much more substantial the buildings were than I remembered.

As I'm looked around, my head spun in all directions, distracting me so that I didn't hear the footsteps coming my way.

Thud.

My bag and its contents went flying as I crashed right into something, no someone.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going!" I said, trying to not make eye contact but hurrying to get my fallen possessions.

"That's ok, happens to the best of us." they said with a chuckle "Need some help?"

"Oh it's ok I've got them now, thank you" I said nervously as I got up from the ground and finally looked up to his face.

Wow ok, not to be dramatic or anything but this guy was quite possibly the most attractive person I'd ever seen. He had dark brown eyes with golden flecks the colour of honey and olive skin that looked perfect against the harsh orange of his pilot uniform. His soft full lips were a dark pink and his dark brown hair was like chocolate. I had a sudden thought of what it would be like to run my hands through it and realised I was blushing. What was I thinking?!

"Um, a-are you new around here? I've not seen you before." he asked, with a genuine but nervous  smile, like he actually wanted to talk to me.

"Oh, uh no, I just tend to keep myself to myself. I spend pretty much all my time reading, as you can tell" I urged toward the satchel now back on my shoulder with a nervous laugh.

"Well, do you have a name?"

"Oh yeah, sorry, I'm y/n" I held my hand out for him to shake.

"I'm Poe, Poe Dameron." He said as he shook my hand. My whole body tingled and I finally understood what it meant when you read about "electricity" between people. He stared into my eyes and we held each others gaze for what seemed like forever.

Oh god I was still holding his hand, he hadn't let go yet. I probably should...right?

I slowly let go and he looked down at his now empty hand, then back up to my face.

"So, no last name? Just y/n?"

"Nope, just y/n, for now anyways."

"So I'll see you again then?"

"Maybe.."

A disgruntled droid nudged Poe's leg, as if to remind him it was still there.

"Oh yeah uh, sorry buddy! This is BB-8" he told me as the droid gave a satisfied beep.

I stared down at the adorable little white and orange droid and gave it a wave before looking back up at Poe with a smile.

"Where are you headed with all that stuff anyways?"

"Oh um" oh god I couldn't tell him where I was actually going, he'd think I was the weirdest person ever, deliberately trying to hide away from everyone. "the cafeteria...?"

"You don't sound so sure about that" he laughed. "You know it's the other way, right?"

"Yeah... I do" I said quietly, realising how dumb I was being. "I-I've got to go, but I'll see you around Flyboy"

And with that I left. I didn't know what got into me, it was like I had no control over what I was saying or doing.

Did I just call him Flyboy?!

I kept on walking but turned to look back at him one more time. Turns out he was doing the same because our eyes locked and we both started blushing even more before I finally turned and left.