nineteen

"You have to hide." Poe told the elderly man as the three of us rushed back outside.

"You have to leave." He told us sternly. We both hesitated for a moment, not wanting to leave him or the village in danger. "Go!" He almost yelled.

With that I grabbed Poe's hand and pulled him back towards our ship, yelling "Thank you!" over my shoulder to Lor San Tekka.

The First Order ships grew nearer and nearer until they hit the ground. Everyone around us was yelling, some hiding and some preparing to fight.

Stormtroopers ran out in two's as everybodies screams grew more panicked.

"C'mon BB-8, hurry!" Poe yelled as we neared our ship. We quickly pulled ourselves inside and started the engine as the droid was lifted inside. We were just ready to leave when...

CRASH

Poe and I grunted as we were thrown about. We'd been hit.

"Shit! " I yelled. "What do we do??"

BB-8 informed us that there were two troopers headed our way.

"I see 'em!" Poe activated the gun and easily shot the two, allowing us to be safe for a few moments.

Realising we had no other choice we all exited the starfighter and hid behind a nearby sand dune. I pulled out the weapon I had, a gun the same as Poe's. Flames engulfed the village as the stormtroopers killed innocent citizens.

Poe pulled out what Tekka had given him and gave it to BB-8.

"You take this, it's safer with you than it is with me. You two need to get as far away from here as you can, do you hear me?"

"Are you crazy?! I'm not leaving you here." I argued.

"I'll come back for you, it'll be alright."

"You can't say that!"

He pulled me in for a sudden, passionate kiss before pushing me away gently.

"Please, go!" He begged me urgently.

I reluctantly sighed, knowing that I couldn't win his argument, and jogged away with the droid in the other direction, not daring to look back. That was until I heard a shout and groan.

"Poe." I realised it was him. "Buddy, I have to go back for him, I'm sorry. Keep going, we will find you, I promise."

Ignoring BB-8's beeps of protest I sprinted back towards the burning village, the sand slipping beneath my boots. I hid by our ruined X-Wing, pulled out my gun and waited for the right moment, planning how the hell I was gonna get us out of this.

I watched as two troopers pulled my boyfriend along as a blaster shot was held in mid air. That was when I caught sight of him. My brother.

Gone was the innocent teen boy I knew and loved. There stood a tall, ominous figue in black, a ridiculous helmet hid his face away. He crouched down to meet Poe's level as he was kicked to the ground.

"So, who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?" I heard him joke from where I was.

"Idiot." I said under my breath, shaking my head.

I heard him rambling on sarcastically as I hid away watching. At least, I thought I was hidden.

I was suddenly pulled up from my spot and dragged viciously over to where Poe was painfully watching. Kylo had used the force to bring me to him and then dropped me to the floor.

"Did you really think you could hide from me?" He questioned.

I just glared back, not wanting to admit how stupid I had been. I must've stopped trying to block Kylo out when I was watching what was happening to Poe.