7. Sirius Orion Black

As 1pm was quickly approaching, we made our way to court room 3. Madam Bones was already there, preping the Veritaserum potion for Sirius. When we showed her the letter from Gringots, she said that it would be dealt with before the hearing. Remus went over the case with her as everyone started to file in. He would be perfect for the position.

Dumbledore was shocked to see Remus but even more so to see me next to him. He aproched us and tried to play the welcome card.

"Take your seat Mr. Dumbledore. We don't have all day and this is more than just a long overdue hearing for Sirius Black. We don't have time to argue, you'll see why." I departed and took my seat with Remus, closest to Madam Bones and where Sirius would see me for sure.

After another ten minutes the doors were sealed and the letters from Gringots, stating that I was Chief Warlock, were being presented to the Wizmont. They were suprised, but were quickly scilenced when I stood up. I walked to the center of the room, close to the chair that Sirius would be sitting in soon.

"Albus Dumbledore is not my gardian by magic nor blood. My gardian was wrongly imprisoned and held without trial. Therefore Lady Magic never recognized him as my Proxy. That will be remedied today, but I will be apointing someone I know and trust with my life to hold my seat until I am of age. That person, is Remus Lupin. He shall take the seat immediately." Dumbledore was shocked. How had the goblins found out? He was loosing control over his pawns. He knew that, soon, he would loose the game if he didn't regain control. Remus stood and made his way over to the seat, making Dumbledore stand and retreat to where Remus had sat before, hoping to speek to Harry.

"May I stay standing here? I haven't seen Sirius scince I was really young and want to be close when he gets here." Madam Bones okayed it and then motioned for Sirius to be brought in.

When he entered, I had to hold in a hiss. He was skin stretched over bone and dressed in raggs. He was absolutely filthy and reeked to high heaven. His eyes were dead looking, but brightened slightly when he saw Remus. He didn't see me where I was standing, as he was watching Remus with confusion on his face. St. Mangoes is gonna be a long time coming to Sirius. I had to tell myself that it's all going to be worth it after I have Dumbledore's head on my wall.

"Do you consent to a trial under Veritaserum?" Remus asked loudly.

"Of course I do!" He sounded better than he looked. He had yet to notice me still.

"Give him the Veritaserum, please." Bones instucted. A tall man in his late 30's walked forward and put 3 drops in Sirius's mouth, then went back to where he was standing before.

A/N: The conversation is going to be basically rapid fire for a minute.

"Your name?" Bones

"Sirius Orian Black"

"Date of birth?" Bones

"November 3rd, 1959."

"Were you the Potter's secret keeper?" Remus

"No." At this the people araound the room gasped.

"Do you know who was?" Bones

"Yes, Peter Pettigrew." Another chorus of shocked gasps.

"I have proof to back this up." I stated. Hearing my voice, Sirius finally noticed me. His eyes widened and his mouth fell open, as he took in my appearance.

"Please present it." Madam Bones said. I opened my briefcase that was sitting on the floor by Mr. Prewitt, pulling out the will and cage. I could still feel his eyes on me, as well as the others in the room now, but I ingored them.