12. Madam Bones

As the golden glow of the magic settled, the low buzz of talking turned into cheering from all the tables. I could feel the wards repairing themselves, and the ones Dumbledore put up being stripped off. My mother looked down at me with pride, along with a few other teachers. What caught my eye, was the few teachers that sneered at me. They were Quirrell, and Trelawney; not much of a shock there, but Trelawney was a suprise.

     "Attention! I'm no where near done dears, think you might want to pay attention. There will be a staff meeting after breakfast tomorrow and times tables will be held until lunch. Classes will be postponed until next week for any curriculum updates to take hold. Anyways, mom, go ahead and call for her would you please." He nodded and pulled out the charmed coin.

     I made this back on the day of Sirius's trial, right before the meeting; and handed one to Bones and then, later, one to mom. A few moments later, the large double doors swung wide and Madam Bones and two arors walked in. Shacklebolt and Tonks, to my delight. They formed a small triangle with Bones leading, Shacklebolt was on the right and Tonks on the left. The student populace seemed to completely still as the next people, or rather creatures, entered. Goblins. Griphook and a small group entered with scrolls, bags, and boxes; sparking the curiosity of everyone.

      "He's all yours Amelia. I know you won't let him slip through the damn cracks. And I do want to be allies with the British Ministry." She nodded and motioned to the silent arors to take Dumbledore in to custody. They moved in sync and were soon on their way back to the Ministry.

     "Welcome to Hogwarts, Griphook. I welcome all of the goblins that accompanied you as well. To what do we owe the pleasure?" He grinned.

     "Good evening to you, your majesty. We came to bring the books and such that you requested. Curse breaker Weasley shall be here in the morning for the requested walk through. Have you found them yet?" His grin tured a bit secretive.

     "Ah, thank you. You may leve them behind the staff table, and are most welcome to stay for the feast. Yes, I have found him. Dray, come up here." Griphook turned to scan the room; eyes stopping on Draco, as he walked up. When he reached me, he wrapped an arm around my waist and kissed my temple. After a brief conversation, we sat down to eat.

      Thoughout the feast, people kept looking up at the staff table. The only ones who played it cool were my court. I knew I made a statement by the amount of looks me and Draco were getting. After the food was gone and we were ready to head back to the common rooms, I stood to apoint a new headmaster.

     "Last few announcements, then you may rest. Firstly, to fulfill the duties of headmaster, I choose Severus Snape. I have a few new people coming in to help with courses, both planning and execution. New teachers and the like. The apprenticeship program is going to start back up with clases, so keep an eye out for that 6th and 7th years. Secondly; the members of my court that have been selected already, please step forward." As soon as they were in proper order, I continued.

      "I own basically the whole of Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. If you have any suggestions for shops, school clubs, courses, anything and everything is welcome. If you can't find me or I'm immensely busy; then aproch one of these fine students or even your head of house, they will pass it along. That is all for tonight. Good evening and sleep well." All students left the hall lead by their prefects. This proved to be a long evening, long evening indeed.

     After the other students had left the hall, me and Dray made our way up to the seventh floor. Tonight we were staying in the Room of Requirement and would go to our other corters tomorrow. When we reached our destination,  Dray watched in confusion as I paced thinking of a bedroom. After my third pass, the door poped into existence. I motioned for Dray to open the door, and enter.

     The room I choose was simple, but still high class. The queen sized bed was decked in silver bedding with Slytherin green lining and pillows. The bathroom was off to the the left and our trunks sat at the end of the bed. There was a simple plush rug that covered most of the floor in Ravenclaw blue. The walls were a deep butter scotch gold with Griffindor red trimmings. There was artificial windows with Hufflepuff themed curtains.

      The next morning came much to quickly, the artificial windows simulating sunlight. Dray was still sleeping when I woke. I slipped off for a shower after casting a quick tempus, seeing it was merely 6:30am. Breakfast didnt start for another hour, so I woke Dray up after getting dressed. He groggily trudged to the bathroom, as I started to pick out his clothes.

     I stuck to simply elegant for myself. I chose a simple red dress shirt, black slacks, and dragon hide boots. I chose a silver Rolex and the jade and amethyst amulet. For Dray I chose the same with only a green button down and a gold Rolex. I decidded to give some more presents so I reopened the jewelry compartment. It took 5 minutes to find the gifts I wanted. I picked a watch for Filius Flitwick; it was silver with roman numerals, so a basic watch. For Minerva McGonagall, I chose an enchanted bracelet. It had slots for crystals or precious stones to aid with healling or magic boosts.

     After Daco was finally dressed, we headed back down to the great hall. Non of the students had made it down yet, but most of the teachers were there already. Coffee was handed out amongst them. The new staff would be arriving at the begining of the staff meeting in about 4 hours and Bill Weasley would be here in about an hour.

     Breakfast was a pretty quiet event. The only thing remotely relevant was Bill Weasley showing up early. He entered the great hall quietly and approached the staff table. His eyebrows crept to his hairline when he spotted me and Draco.

     "Good day Mr. Weasley. What exactly is your job here?" Professor McGonagall greeted him.

     "Good morning, I was requested for a wards check and possible walk through of the school. Though seeing as you asked, I'm guessing you weren't the one to request me." His voice turned from jovial to suspicous.

     "No Mr. Weasley.  May I call you Bill?" He met my eyes and knodded in confirmation. "Good. Well, Bill, I'm the one who requested your services theough Griphook. I've seen some of your work, and I know your one of the best in your feild."

     " Thank you. Don't take this the wrong way, but why are you at the staff table? And where's Dumbledore?" He looked arond again as I had him sit inbetween me and McGonagall.

     "Its no offence to me. I am the sole owner of Hogwarts, as I am descended from al 4 founders. Dumbledore has no place here, and that will be explained later in private." He nodded with a contemplative look. The rest of breakfast was quiet.

      The entire walkthrough went smothly, and we only had to reinforce the wards. I had the trophy scrapped, sent off to Gringotts to be melted down and turned into an intricate knife set. When we had explained everything to Bill, he was furious, swearing to be there when needed. The walkthrough was quite quick. The trophy getting sent off with Bill and a broken vanishing cabinet, whos match was in a shop in Knocturn Ally if memory serves, being smashed the rest of the way.

Word Count: 1340