↦ chapter 8

10:00 pm, friday |
(miranda's pov)
"you're my priority."

"DO you need help washing the dishes?" corbyn said, getting up from the dinner table

we had just finished eating the pasta i had cooked for dinner. i shook my head, getting up and taking both of our plates, walking to the sink. "oh come on, this is my house! i should be the one doing the cleaning around here." corbyn scoffed. "but i was the one who made the mess, therefore i'm the one who should be doing the cleaning." i replied.

i still had no clue why corbyn was being so kind to me. he knows i still haven't forgiven him and that i'm not going to get back together with him. i shook it off and continued wiping down the dishes.

once i finished, i dried my hands and walked back to the guest room. i opened the door and poked my head inside, seeing that there was a pair on clothes lying on the bed. slightly confused, i walked over and looked at it.

it was corbyn's. of course, what did i expect?

i sighed and looked at the clothes i had on currently. they're comfortable enough to sleep in, i don't need his clothes. i folded them up and walked out of my room, heading over to corbyn's. i knocked on the door and heard him mutter a low "come in". i cracked open the door and saw him drying his hair.

"hey, uh, i just came here to give you back your clothes, i don't need them." corbyn scoffed again.

"you're gonna sleep in your street clothes? really? c'mon miranda, they're dirty." he said. i was taken aback. "did you just call me dirty? seriously?" i said and glared at him. his eyes widened and looked at the ground. "wait, that's not what i-" corbyn began, i cut him off. "save it. i don't wanna hear it. goodnight." i threw his clothes on the ground and stormed out of his room.

what the hell is up with men being extremely disrespectful?
———
i woke up the next morning and looked around the room. i forgot i crashed at corbyn's place last night.

i shook my head to wake myself up a bit, getting out of bed and walking over to the spare bathroom. i splashed water on my face and looked in the mirror. jesus christ, i am UGLY.

i looked around the drawers to see if corbyn had a spare toothbrush anywhere. luckily enough, he did. i took the brush out of the packaging and put toothpaste on it, wetting it a bit before beginning to brush my teeth. as i was brushing, i heard corbyn groaning from his room. great, he's awake.

his door clicked open and i heard his footsteps grow increasingly louder, as if he were walking closer to the bathroom. suddenly, he appeared at the doorway, looking at me. corbyn slightly laughed and moved himself so that he was facing himself in the mirror. "why does my hair do that?" he asked himself as i finished brushing my teeth.

i shrugged at him and dried my face and hands with a towel. he looked at me. "still mad about last night, i assume?" i nodded my head, and walked out of the bathroom.

"come on, miranda. you know i didn't mean it like that." he said while following me back to the guest room. i stopped and turned around, facing him. "how should i know you didn't mean it? you kissed me without permission a few weeks ago and claimed it was an 'accident!'" i shot back at him, turning back around and walking away. he continued to follow me.

damnit, does this guy ever take a hint?!

i walked into the room and began to put on my shoes. he sighed and leaned on the doorway, watching me. "what?" i said, glaring at him. he opened his mouth as if he were to say something, but closed it without letting out a sound "nothing. i'll give you space." he muttered, and walked away. i sighed and finished putting on my shoes, grabbing my bag and making the bed before walking out of the room.

i shut the door and looked at corbyn, who had a sad expression while sitting on the couch. i walked over to him, lightly tapping his shoulder. his face practically lit up while looking up at me. "yes?" he said.

"just wanted to thank you for saving me last night and letting me stay here. means a lot." i told him. "it was nothing, haha. call me anytime you need help. i'm always here for you." i give him a slight smile and waved, beginning to walk over to the door.

"you're my priority, miranda. even if i'm not yours." he muttered under his breath.

"what was that?" i said, turning around. he snapped up and nervously laughed. "it was nothing, just thinking about something i saw on twitter last night." he said. that was obviously a lie, i could just see it in his eyes and facial expressions. i shook it off and unlocked the door, walking out.

"i wonder what he said." i thought to myself as i walked back to my apartment.

maybe it really was nothing.

————