↦ chapter 10

11:00 pm, saturday | ☁︎︎
(miranda's pov)
"because i care about you!"

11:00 pm, saturday | ☁︎︎(miranda's pov)"because i care about you!"

"WHERE the hell are you?" corbyn asked, sounding irritated.

"i left the party. is there something wrong with that?" i responded to him. i heard him scoff over the line before beginning to speak again. "yes, there is something wrong with that! you can't just leave without telling me anything!" he said. "what i do isn't any of your business, corbyn. besides, you know i don't like parties." i told him.

"can you come back?" corbyn asked "i wanna be the one to take you home." i looked over at daniel and could tell that he heard corbyn say that. "i left with somebody else, sorry." i said to him while making direct eye contact with daniel. "are you kidding me? you just left with some random person you met at this party?!" corbyn said while raising his voice.

"well maybe if you didn't leave me by myself in the middle of a thousand drunk people i wouldn't have left with some guy i just met!" i snapped back at him. "you left with a guy..?" i heard corbyn say.

"so what if i did?" i said to him
"what if he hurts you miranda??" he argued back
"then that's my fault. why do you care, anyway? i'm sure you were having fun with the prettier girls at the party." i raised my voice at him

"because i care about you!"

corbyn stayed quiet for a while and so did i. static could be heard from corbyn's end, filling the void of emptiness that surrounded us both. finally, he sighed and began to speak again. "whatever. just don't get hurt, alright?" corbyn said quietly, the guilt very present in his voice. "yeah, sure. you too. bye." i said to him. "wait! one question." he sighed. "who did you leave with?" he asked me. i looked over at daniel and he looked back at me. "daniel." i said.

i could tell that corbyn was shocked over the line, but he didn't say anything about it. "alright" he finally said. "i'll leave you both alone, have fun." before i could say anything else, i heard the line click dead.

he hung up.
———
"thanks for tonight, daniel." i said as daniel helped my out of his car. "oh it was nothing. i just couldn't bare to see such a pretty girl there all by herself." he said to me with a wink. i laughed and blushed a bit. he was sweet.

he walked me up to my apartment and gave me hug before leaving. "wait!" i shouted out. he turned around and looked at me, almost confused. "it's almost 1am, are you sure you're gonna go driving out in the dark? you could get hurt." daniel pulled out his phone and checked the time. "oh shoot, you're right. could i crash at your place for the night? i'll be out at around 9am." he asked me.

"of course!" i replied. "it's the least i could do after you comforted me the entire night." he smiled.

"i have a spare bedroom over there that you can stay in. there's the bathroom connected to it as well." i told daniel and pointed to the direction of the bedroom. he thanked me and walked over, shutting the door once he got inside.
———
i woke up the next morning with an sudden knock on the bedroom door. i jumped up. "come in" i said as daniel peeped his head through and looked at me.

"hey miranda! just wanted to thank you for letting me stay last night. i'm heading out now." daniel said. "oh c'mon" i said "it's still really early. why don't you stay for breakfast?" i asked him while getting out of bed. he tapped his chin as if he were thinking about it. "alright" he finally said after 5 minutes "but i'm cooking!" i laughed and nodded.

thank god i'm not gonna have to be cooking this morning. i got up and walked into my bathroom as i heard daniel messing around in the kitchen. i took a shower and brushed my teeth, putting on a graphic t-shirt and grey sweatpants.

CLANG!

the moment i finished i heard a loud noise coming from the kitchen. what the hell was that?

i ran out of the room to go check what happened. i saw daniel sitting on the ground with a pan right next to him. he was rubbing his leg as if he was in pain. "holy shit are you okay?" i asked him as i ran over to help him up. "yeah, i'm alright. just slipped on a puddle and fell, ill be fine." he said as he got up. i picked up the pan from the ground and dried the spill as daniel watched.

once i finished cleaning, i heard someone knock at the door. "it's probably just the mailman." i thought. "i'll go get the door." daniel said and ran over. i walked over with him as he cracked the door open, revealing a male figure. he had messy hair and his clothes suggested that he hadn't slept all night. they slowly tilted their head up to make eye contact with us and began to speak.

"hey miranda. i just came to apologize for- daniel?" corbyn said freezing on his tracks.

oh shit.

————
☁︎︎