↦ chapter 14

paradise |
(miranda's pov)
"love has no limitations."

"DO what

"DO what..?" i asked corbyn. he quietly shushed me and slowly brought his lips closer to mine until they were centimeters apart. my heart was racing.

i didn't pull away, i didn't try to break free, i didn't stop him. i wanted this. all this time he's been giving me kisses that didn't have any emotion attached to them, but this one? i knew it was going to be different.

the moment his lips attached to mine, a thousand butterflies erupted in my stomach. i could feel myself growing more and more nervous, but all of that slowly faded away as the kiss progressed. his lips were so, so soft, and his hair tickled my forehead. the moment we both pulled away, we were gasping for air. "that was... the best kiss i've ever had in my life." corbyn said, nearly out of breath.

we both sat there as quiet nature sounds blew past us. i had my head on his shoulder, and his hand intertwined with mine. there was nothing else in that moment, just us. i could tell corbyn was feeling the same way. he softly rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb, laughing a bit along with it. "damn, i missed this. i missed the happy version of you, i missed your kisses, i missed everything about you." corbyn said quietly.

i squeezed his hand tighter as a way to show that i felt the same way, which earned me a smile and peck on the cheek from corbyn.

"hey corbyn?" i said. "yeah?" "what does this make us? are we still friends, was this a one time thing, or are we even more?" i asked him. he thought for a second before replying with "we're whatever you want us to be. if you want us to stay friends, then cool, we're friends. if you want us to walk our separate ways, then that's exactly what we'll do. if you want me to end things with my girlfriend to be with you, then that's exactly what i'll do. as long as it makes you happy."

my heart fluttered hearing that. god he's so sweet.

"also, one more thing." i said. "how did you manage to put up with me even though i was being a total ass to you?" i asked him. he slightly laughed. "i knew that you just didn't want to get hurt. i didn't leave because i knew that you were still the same sweet girl i met back in high school. that day when i walked away from you at your apartment, i wanted to give you space to think about things." corbyn paused to take in some air before continuing.

"well, those days waiting for you to call back took so long. eventually, those days turned into weeks, and those weeks into months. i figured that i needed to try to move on and get over you, so i thought that dating another girl would work." corbyn said. "oh, and spoiler alert, it didn't work. it just made me miss you more than i already was." i laughed at his comment, and it made him happy seeing me happy.

"love has no limitations, miranda. i waited so long just to be with you again, and i'm truly glad that i did. i'll be here for you forever, no matter what. i love you." he said.

"i love you more than words could ever describe." i responded. corbyn smiled and brought me into a warm embrace.

for the first time in forever, i could finally say that i was in love.
————
✰ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 ✰

and thus, this concludes "reconnected". thank you to everyone who kept reading and persisting me to update, you all have my whole heart.

i have so many different ideas for upcoming stories, i don't even know where to begin. but what i do know is that i'm going to keep writing. it was so fun writing this, and i can't wait to start fresh. a brand new page, a whole different book, another story.

that's all i really have to say. thank you for reading, i hope you all enjoyed my mediocre attempt at writing :)