T.O. A Dream Of Mine

FLUFF CATEGORY
yeahihavecategoriesforthisyeet
AishaZero9i18r

"Nah, he was just a little bit tired from a mission, Uncle," Gopal tells the tall man he walks along with.

Amato walks all the way to the library where his son's best friend says he's been sleeping in the past few hours. Only the talkative Gopal blabbers on while he leads his Uncle Amato to BoBoiBoy.

"I guess he's juggling a whole bunch of things, isn't he, Gopal?" Amato asks as he continues to prod into the library.

Gopal can only manage to blow raspberries as if Amato knew close to nothing about his son's routine. (Technically, he doesn't know the whole picture.) "If only you knew, Uncle!" he says, fanning his hands at the armoured hero. "Can you imagine? Multitasking studies at the academy, saving alien lives, kicking alien butt, trying not to die at the same time, and trying to be a responsible boy who's supposed to watch over his friends and family? It's probably not as easy as it sounds!" Gopal enumerates, ticking each of BoBoiBoy's responsibilities on his fingers.

Amato raises an eyebrow at each item he mentions. To be honest for him, he's never known his son handled too much of these things.

If anything, his son doesn't mention anything at all.

The clock rings one o'clock early in the morning. Gopal tries to keep his uncle company as he talks more...talks more about stuff he isn't supposed to, that is.

"How come BoBoiBoy doesn't tell me any of this?"

"You mean, all the stuff he has to do? Yeah, he tends to be like that," Gopal lowkey admits. All for BoBoiBoy's father to stop worrying about this usual thing. "Quite honestly, he barely even talks about himself around us. Usually, he asks us how our day went, if we're tired or something like that. Though he doesn't even talk about if he's tired himself!

"One moment, I'm just accompanying him here in the library to study about Power Spheres, the next thing you know, he's asleep!"

Amato still tries to chuckle in the midst of realizing his son's true life. But no one can judge him, it's either his one son's safety or the entire universe's he had to save. All that in exchange of time with his family. "Speak for yourself! The last time my son took you here, you were the one sleeping, he told me!"

"That...is irrelevant information, Uncle," Gopal tries to shrug off.

It doesn't take them long before they hear snores from one of the reading tables. There, BoBoiBoy's arms are crossed over one of the books on the desk, his head tilted over it with his eyes closed shut, asleep.

Amato stares at his own son with a new profound sense of pity. "Is he...always this tired?"

"Not always, Uncle, not to worry. Though he can tend to crash into bed at the end of the day."

Amato sighs. "I'm carrying him to my room."

.

"You know, Uncle, if he were awake right now, he wouldn't exactly appreciate the idea of you carrying him right now," Gopal chuckles to Amato, with BoBoiBoy taken in a piggy back behind his torso.

Amato persists to show off his softness in front of his son's friends, all not for them to think he's as bad of a dad a lot think he is. "Oh, yeah? And why is that?"

"Well, for one, he thinks he's too manly to be carried~"

"Why am I not surprised..."