Chapter 06

. . . . . . .

Diake was seen walking through a brightly lit corridor, as the world outside was sleeping. The darkness of the clouds outside was in contrast to the brightly lit flying ship. His revolver rested between his robe and the red cloth, while he held his spear close to him.

'This thing sure is big,' he thought, referencing the ship while looking around the place with wonder.

"Hey! You!"

'Oh boy.'

Diake turned around to look at Kiana, who was still in her white jumpsuit, running towards him.

"What is it, Kiana Kaslana?" Diake asked, a hand on his hip.

"I think you owe me an apology!" Kiana told the male with an adorable pout.

'Cute,' the male thought, before replying, "I don't think I owe you an apology."

"You hurt my pride!" Kiana said, pouting even more.

"So? At least I didn't say something more vulgar than just hurting your pride," Diake answered.

"So, I demand an apology from you!"

'This is ongoing for a really long time. . .' He thought, sweat dropping. In the end, he heaved a sigh and caved in to her demands.

"Alright. Kiana Kaslana, from the bottom of my heart, and from the deepest depths of my soul, I am sorry for hurting your highly standardized pride," Diake apologized.

"Alright! Apology accepted!" Kiana answered cheerfully.

"T-that was quick," Diake voiced out, surprised by her sudden personality change. The two began to stare at each other, and after a while, Kiana began to approach the boy.

"Y'know, you're the only guy I've ever talked to so far. Well, the captain is an exception, of course," Kiana said, as she began to circle around the boy in an attempt to examine him.

"Is that so?" Diake asked, standing utterly still.

"Yep."

"Okay then."

Her eyes then rested on the spear he held.

"Say, is what you're holding here a staff or a spear?" She asked, getting back to Diake's front view.

"It's a damn spear, man!" Diake answered immediately, furrowing his eyebrows as he hugged his spear. It seem like he was insulted.

"Eeeh? It's a spear? How did you survive out there with just that and an old fashioned revolver?" Kiana asked.

"Because I didn't have to necessarily use it, Kiana," Diake replied followed with a (-_-) face.

"Oh. So you survived by staying in a house like a coward?" Kiana insulted even more with a smug look.

"No. I did not," Diake replied instantaneously. There was a few seconds of silence.

"So, can we try and be friends?" Kiana finally voiced out, smiling at the boy. After some hesitance, he answered, "sure. There's nothing wrong with that."

He continued on, "it would be bad if we were on bad terms this entire time."

"Okay then! I'm Kiana Kaslana, Valkyrie of Schicksal, and I really like Mei Raiden!"

"Is Mei Raiden a close friend or something?" Diake asked.

"Yep! She really is!" Kiana answered happily.

"Heh. I see. Name's Diake Takanori, a Japanese 17 year old who basically survived the Nagazora City Incident and currently talking to a super soldier who I should thank," Diake said.