chapter 22

A/N: wow guys. Got this book to 5k reads. Thanks a lot!

"And of course they went ahead like the knuckleheads that they are," Diake grumbled as soon as he stopped mindlessly thrusting his spear in the training room. He was there when they laid out the plan to just barge into Anti-Entropy base and get Mei and Bronya out, but he left behind due to the fact that he did not went through the training similar to a Valkyrie, and that he himself would be a liability than a benefit to the group.

He knew that, and he accepted that fact.

So here he is, training himself with his spear and Galatine with no one to be his companion.

Or at least he thought there was no one to be his companion.

"Hey, Diake?" Himeko's voice echoed throughout the empty room. Diake, hearing her sudden announcement, turned to look at her.

"What is it?" Diake asked, carrying his spear on his shoulders.

"Well, I was wondering whether or not you want to train some more," Himeko replied.

"How convenient. Just when I thought that you guys would prepare for the break in," Diake said, causing a scoff to let out from Himeko.

"Consider this a warm up, alright?" Himeko asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Right, right." Diake walked towards her, as she took her greatsword out. Diake, wanting the rematch, took the sword out while spinning his spear at his other hand.

"Let's see who'll win this," Diake said.

"Hmph. Don't get cocky, kid."

"I never said that I'll win."

And with that, the sounds of metal against metal echoed throughout the empty room, as the two began their spar once again.

"Heh! You're a little better this time now!" Himeko complimented as she swung her sword once again, and it was immediately parried with Galatine. Usually, many people would find it difficult to parry heavy swords like Himeko's, but ever since their last training (and with a little help from the voice in his head), he was somehow more capable and had more endurance against such a powerful swing, even with just one hand.

"I suppose so!" Diake replied with a grin, before thrusting his spear to her face, which she dodged. Seeing the shaft in front of her, she grabbed it and pulled it away from the boy's grasp before throwing it far away from the two.

"Hey!" Diake said out, before knowing that she may as well want a proper sword against sword fight. Heaving a sigh, he proceeded quickly backed away and held Galatine with his two hands. Seeing this, Himeko let out a smirk, and pointed her greatsword towards the boy with a single hand, as if showing off her dominance towards the boy. As a result, the white haired sneered before he threw the sword to the air, confusing Himeko. The sword spun in the air, before the sword was engulfed in fire and suddenly, a miniature sun the size of the training room appeared above the ceiling in place of the sword, surprising Himeko.

"What the. . ." She watched in amazement as the sword exited the sun, still spinning before Diake grabbed the sword. The sword was entirely on fire, but in Diake's hold, it barely felt anything.

"This'll equalize it!" Diake said out, holding the sword with his two hands. Seeing this, she smirked, now knowing that she has someone to compete against.

"Fair enough!"

Diake charged forward, raising his sword, while Himeko held her sword downwards in preparation to parry the sword. Soon enough, the two swords clashed, and sparks of fire flew everywhere, as the miniature sun continued to burn brightly above the two.

"I'm impressed. How did you manage to make a sun with the sword?" She asked, as the two began their sword struggle to determine their strength.

It was almost clear who was stronger in this struggle.

"Galatine. . . Has. . . An artificial. . . Sun in it, y'know," Diake replied between his grunts as he tried to push back, but was clearly failing, as he was easily pushed back by Himeko all the way to the wall.

"Ara, that's good to know," Himeko replied, as she continued pushing the blade towards Diake's sword. In response, Diake kicked her stomach to get her away from him before swinging his blade horizontally, immediately releasing a horizontal wave of fire. Seeing this, and knowing that she couldn't avoid it, used her greatsword in a futile effort to block the fire.

The fire immediately burned her smooth skin, as she let out a pained yelp before falling to her knees. Hearing her yelp, he snapped out of his psyche, and when he saw the woman's skin burnt, he was visibly horrified by this, as the sun on the ceiling slowly disappeared and the fiery sword returning back to its metallic form.

"Himeko!" He dropped the sword and ran towards the woman. Inspecting her burns, he concluded that it was not too serious, but would still require medical attention.

"I'm sorry! Let me get you to the infirmary!" Diake said, before he did something no one, not even Himeko, expected.

The boy somehow managed to carry the woman into his arms, as he ran towards the infirmary without questioning how he was able to do such a thing. For once, feeling like an actual woman, Himeko blushed softly, as she looked at the boy's worried face.

. . . .

"We're here!" Diake exclaimed, as the door opened automatically, revealing the infirmary room. All the beds were vacant, except for a certain bed with a sign made of cardboard box and a marker pen with the words 'Diake's bed' scribbled onto it. Diake set the woman down onto one of the many beds there.

"I'm gonna go get a medic or something," Diake told her, before rushing outside. There, Himeko lay. The burns on her skin suddenly felt numb, as her cheeks became red from the embarrassment that had occured without her preparing for it.

"That idiot. . ."

Meanwhile

"Smooth move there, priest," the voice in Diake's head told him, who was still looking for a medic.

"What're you talking about?" Diake asked mentally, as he continued to find a medic.

"You carrying a woman to a bed. Isn't that romantic?"

Hearing the words bed and romantic temporarily shut the white haired's brain off, and once it did return online, the boy immediately shook his head.

"No no no. That's the least of my conce--"

"By the way. I just unlocked your spear's potential without you knowing it."

". . . Huh?"

"My oh my. What a spear you got."

"What do you mean?"

"Your spear, is the mythical Origin Spear."

Hearing such words coming out from the voice, his body automatically stopped moving.

". . . The what?"