Chapter 32

A/N: this one is gonna be pretty long, so buckle up.

P.S That OST will make sense later on when I tell you to play it.

"I'm. . . Sorry. . ." The boy lay there on the ground, motionless. A pool of blood formed around him, and he was slowly losing his life.

Before all this

"Diake, there's something I want to tell you," Himeko confessed, as the two walked through the many halls of the Hyperion.

"If it's about going out on dates, we can do that after we get Kiana back," Diake replied in determination.

"No. Not that. It's about Kiana," she told him, despite her cheeks completely red from embarrassment.

"What about her?" Diake asked, raising his eyebrow.

Himeko leaned towards his ear and whispered something to him. Whatever it was, Diake's eyes turned wide from shock.

"No. . . No way. . . You're serious?" Diake asked.

"Yes."

"I see. . . . Well, it doesn't matter now, does it? We're here to rescue Kiana, and that's all that matters."

. . . . . . . . .

The boy stood still on the roof of the Hyperion, letting the the coldness of the atmosphere shower him. Being in the clouds felt oddly refreshing for him, as he waited for literally the storm that comes before the calm. They already sent the decoy ship towards Schicksal HQ, and the ship, Selene and the Hyperion, both filled with mechs of all sorts were on its way to HQ.

The voice in his head had been silent throughout all this, as if assessing the situation.

"Hey, Diake," the voice of a familiar dark purple haired girl said behind him. Glancing behind him, he saw Mei walking towards him.

"What is it?" Diake asked, not wanting to turn his whole body towards her.

"Is it. . . Is it true that you have a Herscherr within you?" Mei asked.

"You wanna see him?" Diake asked.

"N-No thanks. I was just asking," Mei responded.

"Okay then. To answer to your reply," the boy slowly turned around, and soon stated, "yep. I pretty much do."

"I see," Mei replied softly, before looking at the boy at the face.

"How. . . How did you control it?" Mei asked.

"I don't. It's somewhat a passive being. . . That sometimes tend to invade my body without my consent," Diake replied, the last part filled with stinging frustration.

"I apologize," Kaide replied. Diake ignored this, as he heaved a sigh.

"I see. But it's not dangerous, right?" Mei asked.

"It's not, fortunately. I think. As far as I know, it can only modify items of sorts. And that takes my whole body of energy away," Diake replied, the last part once again filled with stinging frustration.

"I apologize," Kaide replied. Once again, Diake ignored him.

"I see. Well, does it try to destroy your sense of self?" Mei asked. Sensing what was happening, he put two and two together rather quickly.

"No. Does your Herscherr do that?" Diake asked.

"It does. . ."

"I see. Well, you're still standing here at least to save Kiana. That's good," Diake told her, a small smile escaping his lips. Mei nodded in response as she smiled back. The boy then turned back around to face forward, awaiting for their arrival, while he heard footsteps fading behind him.