chapter 16

"Heh. I guess we're doomed. . ."

The words Diake had stated seem to haunt the captain, as he seemed unable to focus on the task given to him. Diake soon fell asleep after that. The captain was currently in the hub, attempting to reroute country communications to one another, but he seemed to be out of his usual, as he was somewhat slower than he should be. This was so apparent, that Kiana noticed it immediately.

"Captain? Are you on some kind of problem?" She asked worriedly, looking at the captain.

"Huh? Oh, Kiana! No no. It's fine. I, uh, just tired. I haven't taken much rest recently, but I can go on," the captain replied.

"I don't trust you. I think Himeko should take over for now, okay? You rest, captain," Kiana told the captain.

"I'm not sure if I shoul--"

"Captain, your health is what matters here. Now please, rest."

"Fine fine. I'll go."

The captain stood up from his chair and proceed to walk to his room, passing by Himeko.

"Hey, Himeko. I leave the captain duties to you for now. I'm taking a rest."

"Understood."

'I hope the boy can take care of himself. . .' the captain thought.

. . . . . . .

"Kiana, Mei and Bronya. Your mission is to take over the Selene. It has gone hostile as of now and we don't know the source."

"Understood!"

. . . . . . . .

Diake soon awoke from his sleep, but his mind was still clouded by negativity. He had no dream, and felt empty when he did so. Looking outside, he saw that it was night, due to the stars and the night sky illuminating the windows.

"Finally, you are awake," the faint voice had stated in his head.

"Not you again. . ." Diake groaned.

"I am here to provide you news on what had occured. There had been two Honkai Eruption in the Oceania continent," the voice continued.

"Wait, what?" Diake asked.

"Yes. I kid you not. There is not one, but two Honkai Eruptions."

"Ah shit."

Diake got out of his bed, not noticing a small girl with two drills as a hairstyle, and a pair of robotic legs, unconscious on another bed in the infirmary.

Immediately dashing to the hub, he soon arrived there, seeing Himeko as the acting captain.

"Hm? Diake? You seem to be in a rush. Is something the matter?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We gotta go to Oceania," Diake told her.

"Why? What happened there?" She asked.

"Tell her," the voice in Diake's head told him.

'Dumbass, I'd tell her anyway,' Diake thought, thinking that the voice would hear his thoughts.

It did, and it fell silent.

"There're two Honkai Eruptions there."

"What?! Two?!"

"Yeah. Is there anyone you can send there?"

"All the Valkyries are taking their graduation exam right now. I can't send anyone there."

"Not even yourself?"

"The captain is taking a rest at the moment, so I have to take over his duties."

". . . . Then send me there."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Are you sure you'll be alright on your own?" Himeko asked worriedly to the white haired boy, who was preparing loading bullets into his revolver. As a safety measure should things go wrong, Himeko suggested that he bring another weapon with him.

And so, he had Galatine, as the sword was in its sheath at the boy's waist. Himeko was somewhat surprised about the boy's pick, but considering that Galatine was a rank C Stigmata, it seemed not unusual for the boy to use it.

"Don't worry too much about it. You can send the others to the other Eruption site," Diake replied with an assuring smile.

"Where exactly is the other Eruption site?" Himeko asked.

"It's at Northwest of Oceania's Schicksal HQ. I can't say the specified distance, but I can assure you that that's the direction you'll be heading."

"And what makes you so sure about the fact that you know that there are the Eruptions?"

"Well let's just say. . . The voices in my head kept insisting about it."

Himeko was unsure whether to believe his words or not, but considering they were already close to the site, she decided to trust it, for now.

"Okay, we're here. Good luck," Himeko told the boy, as the helicopter flew above the ground.

"Thanks," Diake replied with a smile, before he opened the door and hopped out of the helicopter. Focusing on trying to get his footing, he then looked up to the Eruption site.

". . . Oh dear."

He saw nothing but a burned forest, the bark of the trees that still stood in defiance against gravity completely charred in black. The ground itself was completely devoid of any nature, as there are embers on the ground and the branches of the trees.

Suddenly, he wanted to go back to the Hyperion. But hearing the blade of the helicopter fading away suddenly have him no choice.

"Well. . . Here we go. Hey, voice in my head," Diake asked.

"Just walk forward, she's not that far," the voice replied immediately, knowing what he wanted to ask.

"Huh. . ." Diake began to tread through the burnt forest with caution, as he does not want to burn himself or his clothes.

"G-get away!!" A female voice said out in front of him, although the voice was faint.

"Is that the one?" Diake asked, looking around.

"That is the one. You may want to hurry though," the voice replied.

"Got it." Diake began to run through the burned forest, while crossing his arms in front of his face to shield himself from any burned branches that he may come across.

"Please, stay away!!" The voice became closer, and Diake soon stopped when he saw the female.

She had long, fiery red hair, with her fringes having embers, and wore a dress made of fire, somehow. Three pairs of wings, also made of fire, were seen behind her back, but it seemed rather weak. She was on the ground, backing away against a giant, heavily mutated squirrel, who was menacingly approaching her.

Without a second thought, Diake took out his revolver.

"HEY!!" He yelled out.

"You plebeian!! What are you doing?!!" The voice in his exclaimed, somewhat hurting his brain, but ignored it, as the squirrel turned to look at him.

"Say your goodbyes." Diake aimed his revolver to its head and pulled the trigger.

Edit: forgot to add the current time for the event.