chapter 12

Diake continued to be silent, even as the two boarded the helicopter, piloted by Himeko.

"You two did a good job there. Captain would be proud," Himeko told the two. Kiana nodded with a smile, but Diake did not reply. The diary was kept between both his red cloth and his robe, at his left hand was his spear, and his right were two ID cards attached with a lanyard. At his back, however, was a sniper rifle.

The same sniper rifle his sister had before the outbreak.

Himeko, noticing the boy being silent, decided to speak.

"Diake? What's the matter?" She asked. He remained silent, and so Kiana decided to answer for him.

"He found his parents. But. . . They were long dead," she replied for the boy.

"I. . . I see. I'm sorry for your loss. I feel the same pain as you," Himeko told the boy. The boy could only nod in reply, before Himeko focused on piloting the helicopter back to base.

. . . . . . . .

"Otto told me that you guys had done an excellent job at getting the electricity back. Communication is now better than ever!" The captain cheerfully said to the two.

"Yeah. . ." Diake replied, his tone devoid of joy.

". . . . . . I. . I heard from Himeko. I'm. . . Very sorry for your loss," he told him, his left hand on the silver haired boy's right shoulder.

"Yeah. Heard that a lot in movies," Diake replied, pushing the hand away from his shoulder, before he walked away from the hub.

"Of you wonder where I'll be, find me up top," Diake told them, before he left the hub.

"Kiana?" The captain began.

"Yes?" Kiana looked up at the captain.

"Can you explain what happened in the laboratory?"

. . . . . .

"So. . . This organization acted as a government sector to take care of children, but in truth was more of finding out who would be able to use the Void powers without the need of a Herscherr?" The captain summarized.

"Yes. That's the gist of it. Then, according to Diake, Otto knew of the Void energy and proceeded to send his forces to get the Void energy at all cost. . . And leave no casualties. . ." Kiana replied.

"I. . . I see. . ."

"But, those scientists can surprisingly handle themselves, since they took out a lot of the soldiers Otto sent out," Kiana said.

"Well, I guess stuck in an underground laboratory for two years can really do wonders," the captain stated.

Meanwhile

"Hey," Himeko said out, sitting beside the boy. The two were on the hub, the sky currently a light shade of blue, with clouds occasionally hovering here and there. The temperature was cool, as it was cold, but not too cold.

"Oh. Hey, Himeko," Diake said, as he continued to stare at what was in front of him with empty eyes.

"Listen. . . I know you're parents are dead--"

"I know, Himeko. You share the same pain as I do," Diake cut her off, making Himeko blink.

"You lost your parents at a young age. Because of that, you'd do whatever it takes to prevent others from falling the same fate. By taking on the Honkais. Am I correct?" Diake asked.

"How. . . How do you know that?" Himeko asked, surprised.

"Because you said it yourself. You feel the same pain as I do, about losing parents. Losing those you love," Diake replied.

"So, you asked the captain about me?" Himeko asked.

"Never bothered to ask him about you. I just, figured it out myself," Diake replied.

"I. . . I see. I'm still unconvinced."

"Oh it's natural to not be convinced by a guess. Don't worry about it."

"I. . . See. . ."

"You have another reason to be here, aren't you?"

'How did he guess that so fast?!!' She thought, blinking multiple times at the boy.

"Y-yes. How--"

"It's because of the fact that there's no way that you're gonna talk about what you've been through since I already know you went through what I went through," Diake replied, before looking at Himeko. His eyes were mostly lifeless, but there was a small glint of life left in it.

"What is it you truly want to talk about?" Diake asked.

"Well, I am an instructor--"

"Ah, so wanna ask why I don't want to enroll at St. Freya Academy," Diake cut her off.

'How does he know that?!' Himeko thought, her expression utterly shocked by Diake.

"It seems like I was correct. Anyway."

Diake hugged his legs, effectively looking like a ball.

"Is St. Freya Academy a school for girls only?" Diake asked.

"Actually? No. There are a few male students, but they all want to have different professions than to become Valkyries," Himeko replied.

"I see. Still don't want to join the aca--"

"Hey, uh Diake?" The device, which had the voice of the captain, said out.

"What is it, captain?" Diake asked, taking out the device.

"We're uh. . ." Hearing that the captain trailed off, and hearing the sound of a gleeful Kiana in the background caused Diake to feel like God had fucked him in the ass too many times already.

". . . . Oh, goddamnit."

Next day

"Hello, all of you! Welcome to St. Freya Academy!" A 12 year old girl with silver hair, was in a nun's clothing and had a shield bigger than her own body behind her back greeted them when they arrived at the front door of the academy.

". . . Fucking end me now," Diake stated without a sense of joy whatsoever.

"Hey Diake. Cheer up, okay?" Kiana said to the boy.

"Why should I?" Diake asked, glaring at the girl.

"Oi oi. I exist," the captain told the boy, sweat dropping.

"Right. You do," Diake replied, before straightening himself back up.

"He~y. Aren't you that boy grandpa kept ranting about not going to St. Freya?" The girl asked, skipping towards the boy.

"I dunno. Maybe," Diake replied, shrugging.

"H~mm?" The girl looked around the boy.

"Say, are these your clothes?" She asked.

"Yes?" Diake replied.

"Why do you dress like a priest?" She asked again.

"Because I don't have any other clothes to wear."

"Eh? Not even Mister Captain's here?"

"Oi, don't bring me up," the captain chimed, which made the small girl giggle.

"Anyway. My name is Theresa Apocalypse. I am the principal of St. Freya Academy! It is a pleasure to meet you, 'Boy-Who-Is-Immune-To-Honkai!'"

A/N: there's a reason why I publish this early, and that is to compensate my lack of time for ideas in the previous chapter.