chapter 10

In their iron sights was another hologram, but it seemed to be talking to them somehow.

"Hey hey hey. Put those pistols down. Not like you two silver haired can hurt me anyway," the hologram continued. Its voice was feminine, with a tone similar to a sassy woman.

"Should we listen to what it say?" Kiana asked.

"Not like we can hurt it anyway," Diake replied before putting his revolver away.

"Thanks. You've effectively conserved your ammunition. Now, state your reasoning to be here," the hologram asked, unmoved.

"We're here to restore power to the city so that the world can have quicker communication," Diake replied.

"In a laboratory such as this? My, that is odd, but I am not surprised if there was one in here," the hologram replied.

"Are you some kind of sentient hologram?" Kiana asked.

"Yes. Yes I am," the hologram replied instantly. "Now, your reasoning may be noble, but who are you working for regarding this dangerous mission given to you?"

"Schicksal," Kiana answered. There was a pause from the hologram.

"Ah. I see then." It proceed to walk in circles around them.

"Why do you side with them?" It asked.

"Because they have trained me to become who I am now," Kiana answered confidently.

"What about you, priest?" The hologram turned to look at Diake.

"I'm just simply forced onto this mission. I didn't want to go," Diake replied.

"So you are an associate, but not a direct affiliate of Schicksal?" The hologram asked.

"Weird words you're spouting there, but if you meant that I'm not really in good terms with Otto, then yeah, I guess so."

"I see. . . Now, are you two curious of what had happened here?" The hologram asked the two.

"Yes." The two silver haired answered instantaneously.

"Do you?!" The hologram suddenly and quickly approached the two, surprising Diake who jumped back slightly. Kiana only flinched, but otherwise was unmoved.

"Y-yes!" Diake replied in a quivering voice, as he tried to calm himself down. The hologram let out a giggle seeing the boy's reaction.

"Oh, you remind me so much of that man," it told him.

"Wait, that man?" Diake asked.

"You'll see soon enough." The hologram then turned to look at the screen.

"Click and hold R at the keyboard on the panel," the hologram ordered.

"Fair enough." Kiana went and pushed down the R on the keyboard. Initially, the screen showed nothing changing, except for the date and time at the top left corner. However, they soon see the change.

People running in reverse, people falling from the floor back up to their feet and vice versa, and so many other things that the two could not comprehend.

After a long while of holding R, the hologram then said, "stop." Removing her finger, Kiana, Diake and the hologram looked at the camera and the date and time:

07/09/2013. Seventh of September, 2013.

A/N: just a reminder to everyone who's not a big fan of Honkai Impact 3rd, the Nagazora City Outbreak occured in 2014. Since they don't specify when exactly this occured, I shall make the date be 09/011/2014. Ninth of November, 2014.

To those times. . . . .

"Sir Takanori!" A young man with bright blue eyes and gray hair quickly approached an older male with short brown hair and tired brown eyes. Both wore a clean white coat, which gave the impression that they were scientists. The two were in an office, with the brunette sitting on a turnable chair with wheels.

"Imagawa, you do know you can just call me by my name, you know?" He told him.

"But--"

"No buts, Imagawa."

Heaving a sigh, Imagawa then replied, "fine then, Shin."

"Alright good. Now, what is it you wanna talk about?" The man, Shin, asked.

"About the test subject. . ."

Heaving a sigh, Shin then said, "another one bites the dust. That's the eighth."

"Shin. . . Do you think we should stop doing this?" Imagawa asked.

"Listen, I want to as well, but the problem here lies on that our lives depend on this. If we fail this, we all die," Shin ominously stated.

"I don't care! No one in this damned laboratory gives two fucks about their life at this point. Hell, you even knew that your own wife wanted to commit suicide yesterday from the pressure we're going through!!" Imagawa exclaimed.

". . . ." Shin took a deep breath.

"You have a point. So what you're saying here is that we start a rebellion?" Shin asked.

"Yeah. Everyone here has nothing to lose at this poin--" Imagawa's eyes widened and he stopped himself from saying more as he saw the man's eyes darkened.

"Ah. Right. You have a son and daughter to go back to," the man stated.

"Yeah. I miss those two. Haven't been able to see them for four years. It's driving me nuts," he told him.

"Does it, now?" The hologram that appeared before Kiana and Diake appeared beside Imagawa.

"Yeah, pretty much," Imagawa replied for Shin to the hologram.

"You two don't get surprised much these days. It saddens me," the hologram stated.

"Hey. Everyone is in a state of depression currently--"

Now

Kiana pressed the P on the keyboard, pausing the video feed.

"What is the matter?" The hologram asked, before turning to look at the two. It saw Kiana, looking quite normal and unfazed, while the silver haired boy had a look of depression. Seeing this, the hologram pieced two and two together.

"I see. . . So you are Shin Takanori's son," it stated.

"Yes. I am. . ." Diake replied with a low tone.

"I see. He was a great man who kept everyone's spirits high. . . Initially," the hologram commented.

"I can see how demotivated they are at that point," Kiana added on.

"What were they doing here?" Diake asked.

"They were experimenting to find a way to create an artificial Honkai," the hologram told them straightforwardly. The two were shocked.

"Wait, artificial Honkai?!! I thought the Honkai only arrived when Nagazora City was hit by it!" Diake stated.

"You're not wrong. However, they had managed to acquire a very small amount of the Void powers, the source of the Honkai."

"Who. . . Who do they affiliate themselves with?" Kiana asked.

"They affiliate with no one. Not with Anti-Entropy, nor Schicksal. It is an entirely different organization that had managed to hold on to that small power of the Void," the hologram answered.

"And wouldn't you know it. The only one to have survived an unsuccessful experimentation to see if a human can withstand the power of the Void, was none other than a newborn boy, who was given birth with silver eyes."