Prologue

You never know when your whole life is gonna get turned upside down but Conor Maynard definitely hadn't expected it when it happened.

One day it was as if a tornado had swept away all the things that kept him safely tied to the ground and left him in the rain, unsheltered.

He lost himself during a point in his life where he was the most vulnerable, lost the motivation he'd been carrying through his so far twenty three years of life.

Nothing made sense anymore, nothing was worth it.

He moved the almost empty bottle of tequila to his lips, swallowing the last few drops as he swiped left on yet another girl on Tinder, mainly because he was certain they'd already fucked.

Yet just as he was about to put the phone down had she captured him. The dark eyes and long hazel brown hair taking a grip of his soul as if she actually was in the room.

Olivia 23.

His thumb made the action before his hazy brain had managed to catch up, swiping to the right in one swift motion, yet nothing.

She was yet another one he'd never get to meet, yet another girl he'd spent way too long staring at for his own sanity's sake.

He put his phone down, staring out across the London skyline that towered up outside his window in the Battersea apartment he currently shared with his brother and friend, in his thoughts traveling back to a time where life had been just that little bit brighter, just that little bit more enjoyable.

A time where he had her, a time where he wasn't so damn alone.

Pling!

He jumped in his seat, having forgotten about the rest of the world for a while, and with a while he soon realised it'd been over half an hour since he'd put his phone down and now it'd just lit up where he'd left it in his lap.

New match!

There she was, the dark haired girl with the eyes that had stolen his attention from the first time he'd laid his eyes on her.

You up?

Two words was all he had the energy to type out, already knowing full well that she wouldn't text him back.

Olivia 23 was forever going to be just that, or at least that's what he thought.